Really need help !!

missmoose

Greenie
Jun 12, 2014
anywhere but HERE
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe some kind soul will lend a hand. i'm not only new, but don't understand computers very well, or even understand this site very well. I have great things to share, a really beautiful collection of indian artifacts.... one of them i just found today --- never heard of anything like it: it's a mammoth arrowhead. 6" long, 4" wide, same shape as arrowhead, honed sides, notches, the whole nine. Believe it or not, i'm not sure how to get the photos from one part of the computer to this site. no, i don't have a manual. I need other, more experienced people to see what i've found. by comparison online, my stuff looks like museum quality. potato mashers, pestles, hammerstones, some arrowheads, giant spear point mentioned, hoe blades, some type of stone war club (head of it, i mean) and plenty more. i bet i'm one of the few lady collectors. would like to meet more. i'm in NY state. I've stumbled on this site; it's not far from the Hudson river. I'm not sure if i should sit tight and keep quiet or what. this stuff is so stunning that it should be protected and studied. but i also hate to have "wrecking crews" spoil this tranquil spot. worried that people will see me picking and pillage the place for bad purposes (making a buck). very much want to hear from other indian artifact collectors, and get these photos up and running. thanks.

rovnrbl53

Sep 29, 2011
Indian Artifacts

You should be able to attach pics using the paper clip icon when you post your message - that allows you to attach a doc/pic. You need to know where your pics are stored on your PC to be able to pick up the file. Find someone that can help you - that would be easiest.

I'd keep your site to yourself - loose lips and things can go downhill fast but try and document finds/location/etc. I believe there's an Indian Artifacts forum on this site but it's not real robust. There's probably other forums elsewhere on the internet that are more active on Indian artifacts.

Good luck and have fun,
remagen

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you sure you are not disturbing a burial site?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site.

We would love to see your pics. There is a good population of relic hunters here.

There are threads here, that will walk you through the pic. loading process, really easy once you do it.

Basically start your thread, click go advanced to get the paper clip icon., click on paper clip, box pops up, click add files, then select files, your pc info will pop up, go to your pics, click on the pic you want, click open, then click upload file.

post some pics, we want to see them. thx.

OP
OP
M

missmoose

Greenie
Jun 12, 2014
anywhere but HERE
Primary Interest:
Other
thank you for replying. i am trying to get a friend who's nearby to help me do a few dry runs till i get better at it. yes as to the keep quiet idea. thats my new stance. it may be too late. i saw signs yesterday which make it seem as though someone was poking around. it had to happen. people can be like sheep...... someone saw me hiking in and decided to check it out (?). not sure. feeling upset if that's the case. i want to respect and preserve the things, cannot be sure what the other guy's gonna do. sadly for me, computers are a foreign language to me, so i'm really lost in this realm. i thought i WAS talking to other indian artifact hunters. appreciate your thoughts and pleasant tone. Rena

OP
OP
M

missmoose

Greenie
Jun 12, 2014
anywhere but HERE
Primary Interest:
Other
i've sure thought about that. I'm not casual about this at all since my grandmother was from the onondaga reservation. i suppose if they were known to have a village at this site, it kinda follows that they died and were buried nearby. being so long ago, there's too much we don't know. but i give very real thought to the whole idea of "bad medicine." there are many days when i say i should hike back in and leave the artifacts as i found 'em. it certainly could happen. (?) You could just be kidding in your note, but i'm not.

OP
OP
M

missmoose

Greenie
Jun 12, 2014
anywhere but HERE
Primary Interest:
Other
i see your instructions. thank you. i thought i was doing okay (since i got most of the way through the steps) , then found that the 5 or 6 pix i was really trying to post never got posted. i'm sure it is easy once you've been through it a few times. i need to try again, that's all.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just to see if i can still do this before i offer any advice i'm attempting to post a pic

Attachments

• eagle bluff lake.PNG
    eagle bluff lake.PNG
    76.1 KB · Views: 185

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok missmoose, get those pics up, you got us all hanging in anticipation

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as possible burial type relics, I wouldn't be concerned if you are just surface hunting in a plowed field. In fact if you don't rescue the artifacts, the plow will eventually destroy them.

If you are digging into grave, or find human remains and take the artifacts, then that's a little different.

OP
OP
M

missmoose

Greenie
Jun 12, 2014
anywhere but HERE
Primary Interest:
Other
my bad. having real problems with the computer. tried e mailing photos, even those got bounced back with error messages. since i stink at understanding and using computers anyway, i'm not good at figuring this out. having someone over (hopefully today) to try and fix things. my apologies if i created an interest that i can't satisfy right now. will get right on it. as to the other idea about picking stuff at farmland --- no, not at all. this is a heavily wooded, isolated area. some of the ground is like steep hills or bluffs; since there is so much sand, clay and unstable type matter in the soil, the high ground seems to be always eroding. i noticed that i started finding stuff i'd never found before. i put this down to the terrible hurricane type storms we've had up here (climate change, anyone?). it seems that the extreme flooding is turning up things that were never seen before. i bet some great stuff is being both covered and un-covered in the last few years. i wonder about the fantastic things i DON'T find, or can't see. ??????

jimzlady

May 4, 2011
VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinity
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel exactly as you, and new also, collect same things. I have made mistakes, and still do not know what I am doing. I also have many artifacts, my pictures turn out crappy and I am so frustrated, I am also a lady collector, and disabled. good luck feel free to friend me, we seem to have somethings in common. Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread