OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Frank! Just remember. What goes around. Comes around. Your one up! Looks like a big rock in tummy trick with the fish. Sometime try taking a quart of JACK and pouring it down a stripped basses throat while it's alive. Close the gills. It will change a rainbow of colors that you will not ever forget and turn up like a quarter moon. The fish will bend against his back bone. You'll never forget it. SALT WATER FISH. YA- Mistake was the only word for that brain fart. Boy this is harder work than fishing. Ha Ha I just can't stop thinking of these wrecks and thinking of helping others. The stuff is here. Was looking at going beach detecting. Looked at my air view map. It's like at least two more wrecks showed up on this new view and only 200ft off the beach. So my best friend and I will be hitting the beach real soon. I'm Just trying to put something together on the wreck seen. I got one call, but don't think it's what I'm looking for. Jobs and having people happy while doing this recover work. Who wants to never see anything on a mag computer day after day. I would rather watch John Wayne. Ha Ha But it's no fun. Checking wrecks out and recovering something every week can be exciting and who knows. Theirs wrecks around and real good search areas. But here I sit while everything gets uncovered by nature. Go thru it all and keep cost down. But that's one problem. We need these smaller wrecks to keep people excited, and to open doors for future help in funding. Like museums or even get archaeologist involved in some stuff. Get a good name for yourself. And you will going places. That's a lot of work, jobs and people happy. If this can be done right. Everyone wins. We need something like Angie's list, but in treasure hunting. I know how to do it now. I'll just start up a dive club {Dive for Treasure and pay me for doing it.} I can see it right in front of my eyes. !!!!!!!!!! I bet that 10lb fish almost flipped your boat over. LOOKS LIKE A BIG FIGHTER. Try catching a 750 lb tuna. Their eye is bigger than my closed fist. Later smart ---. Love my 3030 What do you think of the pulse 8x. I never heard of gm66-t. later

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
frankie... I never caught a 750lb Tuna but I did catch a 35lb Black Fin Tuna about 12 miles off of Key West in 1981. They are deep water Tuna and normally cruise at 300 to 500 feet in search of food. However, this one came to the top, took the Ballyhoo on my' hook and then the fight was on. The fish dove to around 300 feet before I could get it turned around and took about 35 minutes to land it in the boat. I still have not tried out the Fisher Pulse 8X. Although the information I received and found on it, states that it can pick up a Cannon at approximately 6 feet away in the Salt Water, I believe it might even do better on land for the same which has been in the ground for some 150 years or more building up an ionization (Halo) field in the soil around it. In the old large control box Models of White's Goldmasters, I am pretty sure that the Goldmaster 66-T was the top-of-the-line at the time. http://www.whiteselectronics.com/media/downloadable/files/samples/g/m/gm_66_t_instruction_manual.pdf It has two operating modes, one for ferrous of mineral searching and the other non-ferrous all metal searching but I believe it allows you split the middle and use both. My' GM 65-T has seen very little use and both the control box and especially the coils look like new and unused. The GM 66-T was previously owned and used by a College or University Professor of Geology and Gemology and he used it to search for minerals and metals all over the world and had canvass bags and buckets full of gems, mineral and rock specimens and from what I understand, he had Gold, Silver, Platinum and other metals that was divided between the heirs of his' estate. Although the metal detector has been well used, he took great care of it and some day, I hope to get out and try all 5 coils to see what it will do. The coils range from around 3.5 inches up to a large 30 something inch whopper, so it will be great around tree roots, tight spots, normal swinging and for deep targets.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To bad you didn't get the book with all his info in it on the hot spots. Ha Ha But I'm sure you have enough going on in your big area of woods. You better have your wheaties when you start swinging that 30 inch coil and digging those big holes. This cold weather stinks. You sit most of the winter. Then its hard to get going again in spring. This retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's seems like your in a good area to keep busy doing the things you love. If I was their. I would be out all the time doing something. We had more snow yesterday. Ever have snow in Tennessee? I tried a pulse detector before. It was really heavy and I never found anything when I tried it.. But the divers swear by them. Nothing like a good fish fight. Just a question. Do you have ticks where you live? I can't remember them while growing up. But we have them now. If they bit you and stay on you for 24 hours. You can run into a lot of medical problems like lymes. I had it and it's no fun. So what's on your bucket list for future fun? Anything in the works? Theirs a book that you might like to get. It's out of print and I know what's in this book to be true. One treasure in the book was found after the book was out. {united states treasure atlas} by Thomas R Terry. Each vol has like 5 to 6 states in these books. Find the area your interested in. In my book of 6 states. I have 1500 stories of lost treasure. You get a numbered map in the book of the area interested in. Just match up the story number with the map. The book came out in 1949 and is well worth the $20.00 I spent on ebay. Enjoy your day and find something good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread