12 INCH TROMMEL BUILD

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No doubt! Good luck. I hope it makes you feel better and you get lots of gold for tinkering with your projects.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Others I've talked to about doing replacements had said they couldn't believe they waited so long.
Good luck on this.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

GoldMichael

Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This build reminds me of Gold Rush Trading Post's Mountain Goat Trommel because it is so small. What a coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This build reminds me of Gold Rush Trading Post's Mountain Goat Trommel because it is so small. What a coincidence.

Sorry that your having issues with your eyes. I know of a great eye doctor you can use to get your vision corrected. I see no comparison between the two trommels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remnar

Oct 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoldMicheal is a spammer. Posting on several forums always comparing and linking to GRTP product.

For example.

Someone posts: Wow working in the desert drywashing I get a huge rash on my backside.

Reply. This reminds me of the dry washer from GRTP. "Link to store"

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GoldMicheal is a spammer. Posting on several forums always comparing and linking to GRTP product.
For example.
Someone posts: Wow working in the desert drywashing I get a huge rash on my backside.
Reply. This reminds me of the dry washer from GRTP. "Link to store"

Good catch Remnar. If GRTP is employing spammers, then that's an online store I won't
be shopping at.

Remnar

Oct 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have GRTP bookmarked on my computer. Not anymore.

Like you Dizzy....I won't patronize a company who uses this tactic.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They (GRTP) are upset that someone (Me) is showing everyone how simple it is to build your own and save a few thousand dollars compared to GRTP inflated prices on their 10" and 14" trommels. I would compare this build to any other 12" trommel and feel confident that its built to a higher standard.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's sad that someone line you wants to show off their build and their skills, and someone has to try to turn it into a marketing platform. Man I can't wait to see you run that thing in the field!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's sad that someone line you wants to show off their build and their skills, and someone has to try to turn it into a marketing platform. Man I can't wait to see you run that thing in the field!

I have always like helping others and if my builds help spark a new idea or help to get someone started its all worth it to me. :icon_thumleft:

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Well sir, you got me wanting to build a washplant. We are collecting steel now. I recon it to look similar to the one you showed pictures of earlier in the thread. A buddy of yours built it. Any how, we are trying to get to 10 yards per hour
with a vibrating hopper and all. When the time comes I know I'm going to need help figuring the gpm. The pumps I have will be overkill but since I already have em'...
We've been talking about cylinder size, drive motors and such. I think we settled on 24". Anyone know a really good place to pick up 1/4" woven for the screen. Using screen to be replaceable. Viper, dang nice job!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats viper on finishing the drilling. Almost. lol.
I think this should be my next project. God where to begin?
What's the name of those valves? I could check my supplier and see if they've got it. Possibly save ya some bucks. I could bring them down to you. Give me a chance to play down there. Would like to do some prospecting down there. So hopefully I can get them for ya. Hell, I wouldn't charge ya for it. I always enjoy looking at good work.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a brain fart at work today. Back when I had my knee replaced I was given a fold up walker that had four adjustable legs. Without hesitation the tubing cutter was wrapping itself around the tubes of the walker to recover what will become the front and rear legs of my sluice stand. Yes I had already built a stand but this I like better with the button release to extend the legs. I may bore holes between the holes to give my self more adjustment in 1/2" increments. The legs are a combination of steel and aluminum. This will give me complete control of all four corners to get the sluice level and angle I will need.

T147.jpg T148.jpg T149.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread