Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend just told me the same thing!!! I missed the episode - hope they play it again real soon!!! :blob7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no but i know of a website where i can watch them. do you know what the episode was called?

Silver Bear

Sep 14, 2011
Make it Rain, Girl was the name of that episode.

HH...All the BEST from the "DEN!"...Silver "Bear"

ckrakowski said:
no but i know of a website where i can watch them. do you know what the episode was called?

Chris777

Greenie
Nov 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally someone found something in one of there safes.
What a find it would be!

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
On another forum I am on someone mentioned some of those lockers are staged. Like they knew someone who dealt in the productions and they put stuff in them. I wouldn't know for sure, but I wouldn't doubt it. You honestly think every locker is gonna have a score?

OP
OP
dossier

dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mws_1984 said:
On another forum I am on someone mentioned some of those lockers are staged. Like they knew someone who dealt in the productions and they put stuff in them. I wouldn't know for sure, but I wouldn't doubt it. You honestly think every locker is gonna have a score?

They frequently say themselves that 9/10 safes are empty. I believe some stuff may be added but not much.

cunextuesday

Nov 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mws_1984 said:

So I was at an auction a few weeks ago here in NYC & some guy yells, "That's got the WOW factor". Everybody laughed & the auctioneer started making fun of the show saying how he was contacted by the producers on multiple occasions about using him on the show. He says he "would never sully his good charachter" by allowing them to use his business for such a sham.

Another guy, chimes in stating that his buddy works on the show out west & that every bit of it is staged. They go to antique shops, rent the stuff that they are going to "find" for the episode & then throw a bunch of garbage & junk in the locker along with the stuff they rented, which is why they always score & the people they go see to evaluate the "found" items already know everything there is to know about the items they are bringing in.

Reality shows seem to be missing the point if you ask me.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know how I managed to miss that one. Um...guess I'll have to wait until the season is over to see the rerun...NOT.

Actually about the only thing true about the show is that for the larger units you do need a big truck.

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second @mws_1984 on that. Not that I want to be a dampener on this, but as a self storage facility manager, I can tell you that most of the time, what's in there is memorabilia. I honestly can't say anything about storage units being staged, but to quote one of the "hunters" that I've had the privilege to meet - she said that you're not going to find Grandpa's heirloom pocket watch in every storage unit, and true that.

-Taz-

Mar 28, 2013
Island on the west coast
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No you won´t find anything good in all lockers, thats why there is a lot of lockers, that are bought, that never end up on air. This is entertainment, and there is nothing entertaining about a wash out (well depends how big the wash out was).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread