Anyone see "Mystery of Yamanullas Gold" on History Channel?

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone see "Mystery of Yamanulla's Gold" on History Channel?

it was quite interesting and revealed some fascinating bits of information about this so-called treasure.
Of note were the following:

a) there is an industry in the Philippines selling bogus maps of supposed treasure cache sites

b) there is a industry selling fake gold bars to TH'ers

c) the American who claimed to have seen a map with 172 sites was a con-man with a known record for gold-related cons

d) F. Marcos created and perpetrated the myth surrounding all the gold supposed found to "cover" the fact that he was taking gold from Central Bank in Philippines. Over 7 tons of gold are unaccounted for by the their Central Bank. F. Marcos was a very sly crook!

e) a whole industry is supported by TH'ers going there and hiring out local help to dig holes all over the place. It feeds the tourist industry and BOGUS TH'er investment industry. That is why the government over there does not try to discredit this whole story.

f) many natives actually believe they have real maps and spend many wasted hours looking for bogus treasure.

g) one group of TH'ers spent almost 1 million dollars using the supposed map showing 172 cache sites from the Am. con-artist who claimed to have personally been involved in uncovering some of the sites for Marcos. They dug nothing but dry holes and lots of dirt. Two natives (hired out) were killed by a cave-in on one dig.

h) it is generally believed by experts that a treasure once existed and has been recovered.

i) occasionally, salted finds would appear in the news, and generate renewed zeal and interest in digging those millions in gold supposedly left behind by the Japanese.

Draw your own conclusions!? ;)

C

czman

Re: Anyone see "Mystery of Yamanulla's Gold" on History Channel?

I was there in 69 an 70 and all the people was trying to sell something or make money off of something...poor country there president and his wife stole it all.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Anyone see "Mystery of Yama-s-h-i-t-a's Gold" on History Channel?

hey Jeff that's pretty funny!? :D

BTW - this site has a filter that takes all four letter curse words and converts to "NULL". It is NOT
Yamanulla's Gold - replace 'null' with last 4 characters of B.S. to get correct japanese name.

y-a-m-a-s-h-i-t-a !!!! Oh heck I can get around that... fixed it!? :D

Albert Osborn

Dec 6, 2004

There is gold in the Phillipines. I only checked around Manila and found 6 deposits, but 4 of them
have been retrieved. I can't vouch for the remainder of the islands because I checked only around
the Manila area. I don't plan to do any treasure hunting there, but if you want a map checked,
then contact me.

Howso is my name and dowsing is my game

Teburshock

Dec 13, 2004

I'm from the Philippines, I'm from Malaybalay City. If you're from the Philippines and you're a TH'er you'll know that Malaybalay city is the capital of con artist of gold, Manhattan box, victory money, you name it they'll make it. Dalawangan is the place to get con. I'm a guy what most Filipinos calls "native" or "nitibo" in our language which a derogatory word. My cousin died in digging holes. Treasure Hunthing here is a business. I've seen fake gold's bars, real gold bars, fake manhattan box, assorted precious stone. I've meet some living witness that knows where the treasure is, I've meet some pastor who believe that they can see where the thing is, you don't need a GPR. :) I've meet the guy who makes them(fakes), I've meet the guys who sell them. some are already dead for obvious reason. some are in jail. some are free waiting for new victim. I've seen the holes where some got treasure, holes that they got none I guess unless you've seen something real thats then you believe. I believe that there is a Yamas-h-i-t-a treasure, i believe that there are some cache treasure made by some greedy Japanese officer. I believe that there are still more gold here waiting to be found.
and yes MARCOS may have stolen a lot of money from our country but we have a good road nice bridges and other projects and more projects during his time than the preceding president. I'm not pro marcos or anyhing ... but that is life here in my my country there are lot's of corrupt official, con artist, criminals just like other countries. if you're doin' a THing here in my country just be careful who you trust... Teburshock

boylara

Jan 9, 2005

hello... the Mystery of Yamash_ita treasure is just a mystery for the peole who din't know the real story.. One thing i am sure of is real and its there..because of GREED it is hidden the the eyes of the people....... Don't worry we will be posting actual pictures and videos in the future for your info... Here in the Philippines most of the people knows the story because its real....

Teburshock

Dec 13, 2004

Thanks Jeff. :) its not really that bad here.. THing here is a living for some people. they dig for food, they doesn't care if they find something or not, as long as they have food its ok.

How the Treasure Hunting is Organize here;
The Financier
The owner/Map Holder
The Digger
The Dicer
The Trusties
The Buyer
The Con man could fit anywhere here, but financier or buyer.

Treasure Hunthing here is not illegal, but selling and buying the treasure highly illegal, selling drugs is much easier to do ;).

I'm not into treasure hunting (though I know some treasure site) :). I love my work even if my wage is only $60 a month. If I have the right tools why not.

"many natives actually believe they have real maps and spend many wasted hours looking for bogus treasure."? if I make $60 a month, how much do you think those "natives" make in a month? $20 or $30 maybe $10 I'm pretty sure some makes only $5.? do you think people won't spent or waste their time looking for gold just to have better life?

A sample picture of a gold recovered in the Philippines:
http://www.treasurenow.com/html/GoldBar.html

"h) it is generally believed by experts that a treasure once existed and has been recovered."
most people here don't believe that. "experts" says this, expert says that, they even have not gone out from their office to see the facts. I say its 60% more or less remain unrecover. This for sure; The Philippines government will Deny the existence of Yamas-h-i-ta Treasure not because they make money out of the foolish foreigner who invest here(i'm not saying everybody is foolish, some got what they came here for just ask? Albert Osborn.), but because the countries that Japanese hoard their treasure will claim it. That is why most politician blame Marcos got all his money, gold from our central bank and not from treasure hunting.

I wonder why during the term of Marcos, when I was in elementary our library was filled with books. we have some American books, i even read Hardy Boys, nancy drew. Now, our main public elementary school where I teach, they don't even have a library. I just wonder why, what happen.

For those who wants to come here and do treasure hunting Just tell me i'll guide you. NO financing and the likes just bring your MD. we might find something interesting. :)

Anyways Treasure Hunting is our hobby, this is what we love to do. I hope we have luck in finding what we are looking for. :)

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

To Fellow Hunters,
Cmon guys, you heard a lot con men, bad guys, selling fakes gold, maps and etc...connected with Yamas-h-i-t-a Treasure.... hey guys its PART of the curse, betrayal, mystery, difficulty and risk in treasure hunting......danger and risk is just normal and ordinary.... watch Indiana Jones movies, from beginning to end the story is full of bad guys...name it they have it all...its the same with Yamas-h-i-t-a treasure(world biggest treasure)......its full of adventure.....nobody said it was easy anyway......if you enter this game...always be prepared !

B

butz

Not now, i have not brought the map with me. I am in a net cafe. ok. 8)

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

oh I forgot one and added it above:
i) occasionally, salted finds would appear in the news, and generate renewed zeal and interest in digging those millions in gold supposedly left behind by the Japanese.

Let say for sake of argument, it still exists and is worth billions. Do you think any government in the world is really going to let you take that kind of money out of their country, and not claim it as their money???

Those who have something to gain from this treasure tale, be it selling maps, or whatever - will never admit to the "prospect"ive customer that this could all be acomplete fabrication, and that they would be better served to light cigars with $100 bills. Least they'd get to see their $ burn up into smoke.

Buyer beware! As for the others... well

"You cannot save a fool from himself".

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

To Ocean7,
Ragarding your question? "Do you think any gov't in the world is really going to let you take that kind of money out of this country, and not claim it as their money?" Yes !! Of course there is one country that claim it as their own it is....USA...when our deposed President Marcos fled to U.S after the revolution, the U.S. Custom confiscated from Marcos wads of gold bullion certificates worth hundred billion dollars in SWISS banks deposits...its headline in the world news regarding the confiscation of Gold Certificate in 1986......the U.S. claimed it to be fake and never return the gold certificates to the filipino people...WHY...because the USA get interest with the GOLD.....Do you think a deposed President carry a FAKE Gold Certificate worth billion of dollars....I don't think so !!....How do you think our former president get that kind of huge thousand tons gold ? beyond our mining production?? simple YAMAS-H-I-T-A Treasure !!.....read history man...its there...ok?

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

as for 'real' history, perhaps you should read some yourself...
Let's start at these couple sites, and I'll quote some info.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/subic_bay.htm
"US forces abandoned Clark Air Base and Subic Bay Naval Base after the Philippine
government voted not to renew a basing agreement in 1992."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Marcos
"Marcos can be considered the quintessential kleptocrat, with billions of dollars
supposedly looted from the Filipino treasury which have yet to be accounted for. "

http://www.op.gov.ph/museum/pres_marcos.asp
"Evidence subsequently emerged that during his year in power, Marcos, his family,
and his close associates had looted the Philippines economy of billions of dollars
through embezzlements and other corrupt practices. Marcos and his wife were
subsequently indicted by the U.S. government on racketeering charges.
After a trial a year later, Imelda won acquittal by the board of jury.
Imelda return to the Philippines to face the charges against her and her family."

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761557463/Ferdinand_Marcos.html
"When the Marcoses left the Philippines, the country was burdened with $27 billion
in external debt and was in a deep economic recession."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imelda_Marcos
"The controversy centers around approximately $600 million that mysteriously
"disappeared" from the Filipino treasury during the Marcos presidency.
Most believe the wealth was stolen by the Marcos family and stashed in
their Swiss bank account. Imelda denies the charges."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My answer:

No the Philippines would claim any hordes of gold found there, not the US. You or
anyone who uncovers that kind of gold will probably end up in prison or dead. IMO.

By one account, Marcos supposedly looted "billions of dollars" from the Filipino
treasury.
By another account, $600 million "disappeared" from the Filipino treasury & was
stashed in a Swiss bank account. Realize he could have converted cash into
gold to eliminate a paper trail of activities. Most countries are glad to take gold
instead of cash.

Since the Philippines is a gold producing country, and since tons of gold are missing and
unaccounted for from the Filipino treasury when Marcos ruled - I think it's rather
obvious where he got the gold. Math below will show that approx. 6.5 tons would
equal a billion in US dollars.

And I might add the the US was paying the Philippines millions to have two military
bases in the Philippines. Many of these millions were not used for the betterment
of the Philippines, but rather for Marcos' personal fortunes according to another
program aired on the History Channel about the Marcos' rise and fall.
Perhaps this is myth.

No, I don't think a deposed President would knowingly carry FAKE Gold Certificates
unless he was duped by the many other crooks that he must have been dealing with.
But if they were real, I would submit that he tried to ripoff the US and ultimately
failed in the end.
As with anyone (Marcos) who has total power and control over a country - they
can rob it blind and leave little or no tangible proof behind. Still a perfect crime
is usually impossible to totally conceal.

Perhaps none of this is true and all the gold Marcos had was YAMAS-H-I-T-A's gold.
Somebody is lying big time here. I'll put my money on F. Marcos!!!

Lastly, since I can't imagine F. Marcos placing all his eggs in one basket - perhaps the
smart money is really looking for the "F. Marcos" gold stashed about the Philippines.
Now that I might buy...

$420.00 = oz. gold
16 oz = pound
1 ton = 2240 lbs
35840 oz. per ton
$15,052,800 = ton of gold
6.5 tons gold = 1 billion US $ dollars

Teburshock

Dec 13, 2004

Last Dec. 2004, somebody ask me to look for a buyer for a Platinum bar, 18"x5"x4" and it weighs 55 kg. I got a buyer. He bought it. He paid around 30 million pesos. they gave me finders fee, enough to make me smile. :)
$1=P56
Now, does philippines make platinum bar? I don't know.
does philippines has their own platinum mining? I don't know.
did the seller or buyer went to prison or found dead? No, the buyer was licenced treasure hunter(yes licence treasure hunter) and he deposited his boot in the central bank, yes philippine central bank and no, they didn't confiscate it. the seller now has his own new car. and now a licence treasure hunter.
was the bar a part of of yamash-i-ta treasure? I don't think so, he did not have his name on it.

Yamash-i-ta treasure or not they makes money. we discuss here if its true or not. but we're not the one who's making money.

welfred

Aug 19, 2003

Hi guys!

To be balance in your opinion regarding Yama-s-hita's treasure here in Philippines, try to read the book written by a Filipino Eric San Juan entitled "Marcos Legacy Revisited: Raiders of the Lost Gold". It might help you find what you're looking for.

B

butz

ocean7: Ferdinand Marcos is Philippines Greatest President, thats a FACT.

B

butz

try visiting figure.8m.com. These are American based buyers of yamashitas gold in the philippines backed by CIAs.

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

To Ocean7,

You have READ A LOT OF MISINFORMATION ! Of couse, the world gold community specially Swiss bank, will NOT TELL YOU the real source of gold. We are a small country do you think we can bully the Swiss banks to tell the REAL gold story? I don't think so !... Remember even the U.S. it took them 50 YEARS!!!! to squeeze the Swiss Banks to reveal the bank account of holucoast victims or NAZI victims....Read book: Marcos gold, Gold Warriors, and other Yamash-i-t-a books...you will know the TRUTH....WE ARE FILIPINOS AND WE KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPEN TO OUR COUNTRY.....don't lecture us re Japs treasure and Marcos gold...pls....bcoz you don't know NOTHING......you are just an OUTSIDE OBSERVER.....ok?

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

guess what guys? I really don't care one way or another. If I've saved one person from being "CONNED" - then I am satisfied! Not that either of you would fall into that category.
Go find your gold - dig some for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions