New TV Series Coming on Travel Channel

T

TreasureTales

Finally, the Travel Channel will be showing a NEW SERIES about where to find cash & treasures. (Their old shows on this subject were good, but they were shown so often that it got to be too repetitive)!!

Starts Tuesday, December 5, 2006 at 10pm ET/PT on the Travel Channel.

Check out this link for more details. http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/cash-treasure/cash-treasures.html If this doesn't work, try browsing for the Travel Channel website and following the links to the new show "The Best Places to Find Cash & Treasures"

For those of you living in the freeze zones, you can get a brief "fix" for your treasure hunting habit through this series, perhaps. If not, it might at least be worth watching just to see what they do WRONG!!!!!

[I'm going to watch, and occasionally visit their website, too.]

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Thanks, Treasure. I stopped watching the old ones. You are right, they we shown too often.

digdug_rita

Sep 28, 2006
Yes, yes, yes...cannot wait. Marked it on my calender so's not to miss it. And you are right about the old ones......knew them all by heart. My favorite being the black opals in Nevada....wow, would love to go there !!!!

OP
OP
T

TreasureTales

Stoney56, thanks for posting the proper link. MUCH easier to access with the correct linkage. ;) :D

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Treasure!

Hope I don't forget and miss it :D

N

nate1976

Sounds like it will be another great show on the travel channel, like made in america and tasty travels. DEC 5th will soon be here. 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REMINDER

starts tonight 10 Eastern

OP
OP
T

TreasureTales

Just watched the first episode of Cash & Treasures. She got a gorgeous sunstone! You just have to wonder how much of that was real and how much had been salted...both the sunstones and the gold. I'm thinking she sure was a lucky gal in both the stones and the gold....maybe too lucky to be reality. I know one thing, come June I'm heading to Plush, Oregon to get some of sunstones for myself. They're purdy.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Just watched the first episode of Cash & Treasures. She got a gorgeous sunstone! You just have to wonder how much of that was real and how much had been salted...both the sunstones and the gold. I'm thinking she sure was a lucky gal in both the stones and the gold....maybe too lucky to be reality.

My thoughts Exactly. (we'll know on the first Metal detecting Show
if she comes up with a $20.00 Gold Piece, or Gold Bar :P )

But very Entertaining.

Watch "Treasure Hunting" as a Hobby, to try & get rich quick Soar.

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I caught an episode last week, they were hunting meteorites in Kansas, using a homebuilt md coil towed by an ATV. Using a backhoe, they dug up two, one valued near $1500, the other around $30k.

Wish they would've discussed building that huge md coil. It was about 4'x6' and made of PVC pipe.

Thanks for the link to the show, I couldn't remember where I saw it. Was just channel surfing. :P

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's on the Travel Channel Tuesday nights at 10 & 10:30 PM.
here in the east.

It is rerun on Saturdays but you would need to check times.

Here is a link to the story on the Meteor Guy. I think.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.01/meteor.html

The second show last Tuesday night was Civil War relic Hunters.
I was personaly Disappointed with it because they didn't lend her a
detector. they just had her dig their signals.

maby her decision, maby not, but I wanted to see her actually
swing a detector. :(

I wasn't impressed with the relic hunters Diggings Either.
They made it appear they Dig big holes with spades,
and Never once
mentioned Filling them back in.

For the record, I would have Insisted, If they wanted
to do a show on us, they must agree to Mention
Proper Digging Procedures.

although I'm sure the Show caused a spike in detector sales.
especially Tesero.

OP
OP
T

TreasureTales

Didn't they already do a show on Oregon Sunstones? I see commercials saying she will be going for sunstones and truffles next week. Truffles don't seem to fit with the rest of the things she hunts for, but it might be interesting. I know around here mushrooms can bring in big bucks to pickers of the wild fungi.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES I SAW the same TrasureTails. The First show was sunstones I think.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Just like the fishing shows. Two guys fish all day, all week, then they edit the footage down to 20 minutes.
I still watch too much of it, but I'm thoroughly convinced that TV is why God gave us books!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK said:
Just like the fishing shows. Two guys fish all day, all week, then they edit the footage down to 20 minutes.
I still watch too much of it, but I'm thoroughly convinced that TV is why God gave us books!

I used to sit & read Local histories all the time.

Now I get a Headache after one page of a book.

I think the Computer screen did me in.

I need books that are Lighted, & a Laptop I can
Hold like a book While relaxing on the Couch ;D

OP
OP
T

TreasureTales

PBK said:

If I ever dug up a really huge cache, I'd use the money to build a new house with a large library. A library with rich natural wood paneling, several floor lamps, a couple large leather wingback chairs and footstools, a map cabinet, and a nice desk. That's my idea of luxury and opulence. A good book (or a couple thousand) is a treasure!

OP
OP
T

TreasureTales

Well, just watched the episode where Becky is hunting for truffles. It seemed odd that one guy said they were worth about $75.00 per pound and then the chef said a 4.5lb bag was worth $1,000 - $1,200 , even including the big one, that still seems a mighty vast discrepancy in values. Hmmm.

I know mushroom pickers around here make a tidy sum picking the wild 'shrooms, but I never thought truffles would be available in these parts. Makes me wonder if the local pickers aren't also getting truffles. There are certainly douglas fir trees in abundance towards the coast, so I bet there are truffles here as well as Oregon. Might try to find some of them after doing a little online research.

The second show was a rerun. They haven't shown all the episodes yet and already they're showing reruns. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
I think I caught the explanation for the price discrepency on the Truffles..

75.00 per pound was a whole-sale rate that they are sold at. The other higher
amounts were Retail rates from those (like the Chef), with other outlets to sell.

I think he said something like $100 - $300 per pound or something like that. Cant remember.
Must depend on "to who", and "for what" LOL.

Sunstone episode was pretty neat, except its a little odd that she found "a super rare GIANT, perfect,
stone, valued at $6,000 after it was cut. And I didnt get "why" the public can dig free, and keep
all they find, with no charge, for anything ???? Do they use the public as the guinea pigs to
bust into new pockets, then clean them out themselves after the day is done ? I would LOL. Unless
its a whole daisy-chain of operation with the "recommended" gem-cutter / dealers all in the loop. MMM.
"Come find all these nice stones, and pay us LOTS to evaluate and Cut them."

Truffles... it was kinda interesting. Seemed those folks into those were a weird bunch. Sniffing them and
kinda orgasming on the spot... lol oooook. Id like to watch a Ginseng episode for the East Coast though !

Havent seen the gold one yet, but did see the Sapphire episode, that looked cool. Cept again, she found 2 really big "flawless" matching gem quality stones, and made earrings from them.

Each show has a whole "swarm" of 3rd party benefactors being advertised to cut, make, process, value, appraise and transform every item she finds ! Thats where the money is :) Come to our mine, its free, make us rich :)

BUT - I love these shows - wish there were alot more on TV. Living in PA just makes me jealous... I can go find Sandstone and Coal though..... ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread