RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seriously? I wish our hobby would stay out of the spotlight, you get inexperienced people watching these shows and buying metal detectors, going out and digging, likely not following proper etiquette. Also, some of these shows give people a negative image of detectorists, which can make it harder to secure permission on sites. Personally, I do not like these shows.

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Seriously? I wish our hobby would stay out of the spotlight, you get inexperienced people watching these shows and buying metal detectors, going out and digging, likely not following proper etiquette. Also, some of these shows give people a negative image of detectorists, which can make it harder to secure permission on sites. Personally, I do not like these shows.

I think if they showed how much research, hard digging and how much time you have to put into this hobby to not always dig up treasure some would lose intrest real quick. But cant help watching, love anything to do with this hobby.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think this features a guy I've known as "Chicago Ron"......don't think he posted here......was the show any good?

OP
OP
rayrayvegas

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Great finds as usual, some maybe planted? Diggers a little over the top as expected. Yes Ron from Chicago is on this. All and all? A 6 out of 10

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah it's ok I guess! I don't care for the shows either! I had another guy the other day tell me I couldn't detect cause he didn't want heavy equipment on his farm like that idiot wrestler does on tv

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it's funny. I got a phone call six months ago where they pitched that show to me. Well, I say "pitched." Basically they wanted to hunt my tavern site with the whole cast of the show.

They didn't want me to star in the show. No monetary offer. They just wanted to hunt my site.

:D

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it's funny. I got a phone call six months ago where they pitched that show to me. Well, I say "pitched." Basically they wanted to hunt my tavern site with the whole cast of the show.

They didn't want me to star in the show. No monetary offer. They just wanted to hunt my site.

What a bunch of tools.... It might be different if they said they wanted you to be on the show. Obviously they have far more important things to do than conduct their own research. I assume you told them to go find their own site.... as I would have done the same thing. . :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy watching these shows gets me ready to go hunt

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it didn't put to bad of a light on our hobby. but I do think it will boost detector sales.Which is the only reason it is being aired and everyone will think they can get rich digging up everyone else's property.Hopefully they stress permission and refilling your holes in future episodes.It was more of a competition team against team although they shouldn't have based winning on how much items were worth they should base on historical significance if it's going to be a relic based format.

Last edited:

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree 100%

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best part is there will be some great deals on gently used detectors in about six months. Most people have no idea the amount of research and time that goes into finding new places to hunt.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hmmm Thanks for the note. & I too hope you told them to get lost,
considering no compensation was offered.

I was under the impression production was leasing these properties for them to hunt .

I could see it if they were not selling advertising at outrageous rates.

I would tell them, I want the Value quoted for all the finds :laughing7:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH did the appraiser keep saying 1806 "Silver Dollar" ?

If I heard correctly, he didn't know what he was talking about.
& I would have sold it to him :laughing7:

it was a 1806 "Half", was it Not ? & Value was about $250. not $2000

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do have to keep in mind it is TV, an if they are having team against team. Hell the weather channel has a show called loaded, its about trucking. One person is a company driver, and they imply she is making the money for the load, and that she looses the money for fuel. They need to have drama and or suspense. I am thrilled that the hobby is getting exposer, if they are jerks WE can call them on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread