Cash and Treasure, reality?

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you seen the one when he get his line stuck in the tree and a sanke come down on him, wow

I would love to do the show myself, I need a good job, cause mine is going to India, well LOL

JC

1960texan said:
Bill Dance fishes all week, then the footage gets edited down to around 20 minutes. Wow! Suddenly he's hauling in one lunker after another!

So that's why Bill out-fishes me!

gotreasurehunting

Jan 8, 2008
West Monre, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I really want to go to the Royal Peacock Opal Mine in Nevada. That would be a great gemstone to find I think. The shows make it look to easy. Then again, I did some research and the mine charges $180 a day to hunt opals!! There is no way people would pay that if there wasn't a strong possibility that they were going to find something.

My future trips are as follows:

The Crater of Diamonds state park in Arkansas (I live in Louisiana, so this is the closest one to start with)
The Hiddenite Emerald mine in North Carolina (my sister lives in NC)
The Royal Peacock Opal mine in Nevada
California for some gold prospecting

I may take me years to do all of these, but I will, and I'll be sure to take loads of pictures and footage for you guys!

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
There's a big difference between " back to the salt mine" and back to the salted mine. I enjoy the show thou. Not many other hobbies even give a chance of paying you back unless a rich drunk hits you on the way there. Look how much people spend on RVs boats ATVs bikes boards and all manners of recreation, for what the depreciation? It's for the relaxation and recreation. Me the idea of that one great find isn't what keeps me looking but is still a possibility. MDing, panning and sluicing is cheaper then psychotherapy and not as embarrassing as picking up the clad that fell out of the shrinks pocket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread