Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get Smart, Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, All in the Family, Looney Tunes

These were some of my favorites and they don't make em like that any more. Sanford & Son too. I bought my kids a Looney Tunes DVD the other day, just so they could experience some of the great cartoons that I grew up with every Saturday morning. What is on Saturday mornings now? Trash. No more Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn, Flintstones, Daffey Duck, Yosemite Sam. Now it is trash. I guess I am showing my age, but it is a shame those days are gone. You have to watch what your kids see nowadays on TV. Gone are the good ole days of TV. :'(

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Re: Get Smart, Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, All in the Family, Looney Tunes

That's a true statement, comisoas. But, some these cartoons can be found. Check out the Cartoon Network listings. They are spread out, but still there.

DM

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

I don't watch much TV but, Digginman is right. You can still find a few of the cartoons around. I loved Tom and Jerry and Foghorn Leghorn.

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1

Good Stuff back then! Captain Kangaroo, Adam's Family, Munsters.....................

My GF gave me 2 bags of VHS Tapes last week, for my Grandson. His Dad was thrilled coz there was a Smurfs tape there too,lol.

I'm a 1959 model, Tigger John is 27 days older than me. We still watch cartoons, someone has to "preview" those tapes! ;)

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30

Tom and Jerry is still on the Cartoon Network. So is Scooby Doo. Smurfs run occasionally (wife's favorite). They also started running Astroboy at 5:30 AM weekends. The new George of the Jungle cartoon stinks.
Sanford and Son, All in the Family, the Addams Family, the Brady Bunch and the Munsters still run on TVLand. Gilligan's Island and Get Smart used to run there and I believe they still have the rights run them.

On Saturdays, I watched the Superfriends, Marine Boy, Captain Scarlet, Speed Racer, the Archies, Sabrina the Teenage Witch (the Groovy Goolies), Wacky Races, Hong Kong Phooey, Tennessee Tuxedo, Rocky and Bullwinkle and the Pink Panther (with the Ant and the Aardvark). I also liked Kolchak: the Night Stalker, Fantasy Island, Hogan's Heroes, SWAT, the Wild, Wild West, and Kung Fu. I also remember watching H.R. Pufnstuf, the Bugaloos, Land of the Lost, Shazam, Kimba, Ultraman and Josie and the Pussy Cats. Some of the old series have been released on DVD and are available to buy or rent with a quick search.

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CanUDigIt said:
Tom and Jerry is still on the Cartoon Network. So is Scooby Doo. Smurfs run occasionally (wife's favorite). They also started running Astroboy at 5:30 AM weekends. The new George of the Jungle cartoon stinks.
Sanford and Son, All in the Family, the Addams Family, the Brady Bunch and the Munsters still run on TVLand. Gilligan's Island and Get Smart used to run there and I believe they still have the rights run them.

On Saturdays, I watched the Superfriends, Marine Boy, Captain Scarlet, Speed Racer, the Archies, Sabrina the Teenage Witch (the Groovy Goolies), Wacky Races, Hong Kong Phooey, Tennessee Tuxedo, Rocky and Bullwinkle and the Pink Panther (with the Ant and the Aardvark). I also liked Kolchak: the Night Stalker, Fantasy Island, Hogan's Heroes, SWAT, the Wild, Wild West, and Kung Fu. I also remember watching H.R. Pufnstuf, the Bugaloos, Land of the Lost, Shazam, Kimba, Ultraman and Josie and the #@!$%#@! Cats. Some of the old series have been released on DVD and are available to buy or rent with a quick search.

This is true, yet I guess I was reflecting on the days of free television. Of course, back in the day, we only had 5 local channels and all the good stuff was to be found there. Remember Wide World of Sports? Any big fight, Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Evil Knievel, was all free. Now the dollar rules unfortunately. We have an antenna up and pick up quite a few digital channels. Some of the good old stuff is on periodically thankfully. Now you have to get cable (to see the good stuff that was free back in the day) which if your kids surf around at all, they get infused with the garbage that is out there. We don't get cable, probably one of the few left that don't. If you subscribe to cable, it is like getting a couple of steaks with 5 kilos of crack. My opinion.

mr007s

Sep 8, 2007
Where the pavement ends in NC

Oh YES, "GET SMART"
My last name is Smart
Dad had a twisted sense of humor
There were 5 of us kids
He named the youngest boy Maxwell
We had it rough in school

Me, I liked the old Westerns
Rawhide, Sugarfoot, Bonanza, Bat Masterson, Have Gun Will Travel, and my favorite, Gunsmoke
I can remember laying on the floor watching on Saturday night and as the show went off that music would lull me to sleep
Many dreams of chasing bank robbers and catching rustlers
I won't mention the dreams about Miss Kitty :-*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread