noob from northern Utah

DodgePW

Jan 21, 2014
West Jordan, Utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey cmatue1! My name is Jase, and I reside in West Jordan. I have never gone gold prospecting, but I plan on starting up this spring with my sons. I have been studying-up about panning, and can hardly wait to get on it, as they say. I have lived in Utah for about 9 years now, and still don't know the area very well, or more specifically, where to go to prospect. I was thinking about joining one of the clubs. Anyway, I would love to go prospecting with ya. Message me back about it when you get a moment...

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet,

I am up North as well and always looking to have someone to detect with. Not much into the gold prospecting but I do have a couple pans and tinker with it from time to time.

OP
OP
C

cmatue1

Jan 8, 2014
Welcome to TNet,

I am up North as well and always looking to have someone to detect with. Not much into the gold prospecting but I do have a couple pans and tinker with it from time to time.

If you wanna do some medal detecting or prospecting message me..... I haven't even figured out if I have my detector set up right or not... Lol

OP
OP
C

cmatue1

Jan 8, 2014
Hey cmatue1! My name is Jase, and I reside in West Jordan. I have never gone gold prospecting, but I plan on starting up this spring with my sons. I have been studying-up about panning, and can hardly wait to get on it, as they say. I have lived in Utah for about 9 years now, and still don't know the area very well, or more specifically, where to go to prospect. I was thinking about joining one of the clubs. Anyway, I would love to go prospecting with ya. Message me back about it when you get a moment...

I'm almost done building a dredge and my friend is building a trommel and a high banker, pretty soon we'll have an entire operation going...... If you wanna join, hit me up

Last edited:

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Online is you best place to search for sites. Plus I order books that i have seen online from the local library. I spend at least 30 minutes (maybe longer) a day researching. My season starts for real tomorrow. 2014 is going to be a good year...

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm almost done building a dredge and my friend is building a trommel and a high banker, pretty soon we'll have an entire operation going...... If you wanna join, hit me up

Good luck in your hunting but just be sure to research the laws for Utah (which I am sure you already know, just a friendly reminder.)when it comes to prospecting. I do believe permits have to be attained for dredges AND sluice boxes. And there are seasons for both. Not to mention there is certain size hose your dredge can have.

OP
OP
C

cmatue1

Jan 8, 2014
Yeah.... I got my dredging and sluicing permit. It's only allowed on certain rivers. Some are year round and some are seasonal..... High banking is actually illegal in Utah because it's considered "hydraulic mining ". The only places you're allowed to high bank is on a claim. We have access to one down towards St George that produces quality chunky gold

ProspectorBas

Mar 16, 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm kinda new to the prospecting, only been doing it for 2 years now. Also just got a Minelab 705 metal detector. If anyone is looking for a prospecting or treasure hunting buddy, hit me up

I live in SLC, and my brother and I are eager to go out and do some sluicing and panning this year. We can't really afford a good metal detector yet. The only place I know of in northern utah with good gold is Mary ellen gulch up american fork canyon but I would be interested in finding out about some other places in northern utah with good gold if you have any tips. Thanks.

Wildwest99

Greenie
Jun 25, 2014
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the hobby, hoping to pick up a MD today and go have some fun. Anyone looking for a companion on the hunt, please let me know. I'm always available for some fun and adventure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions