My 540 2 cents worth

troll

Jun 10, 2020
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my 540 for about three months. I have dug about 700 coins in this amount of time with way to many being penny's. Have found a few kids rings, keys, toy cars and anything else you can think of. The amount of junk that I have dug is mind blowing to me. I have dug a few silver coins and even a dateless Buff.
First thing I want to say is this machine will wear you out digging deep coins. With the soil I have been in it's rock hard in most of the parks. I don't even run on full sensitivity unless I am checking out a deeper target. I have been out of detecting for about seven or eight years. But detected for 30 before that and have never had a machine that went as deep as this. A lot of people talk about how well it finds nickels, this is true but I love the way it locks on Dimes just because of the size.
In my own opinion is it the perfect machine? No! But will there ever be one? I will only say that if you are in the market for a new detector give this one serious consideration. It can do so much.
Also the wireless head sets that come with some of them is worth the extra money all be itself. I was unsure if I would even like them but not having a cord makes things a lot easier when you dig a target.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to T-Net, troll. Best luck.
Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread