DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc did have a partner , lets call him RJ , he moved about 5 tons before they shot him. Mister RJ was still alive in 2007 but i dont know about now. There was a treasure found in the Caballos by Mr. O but was the LaRue treasure . Knoss got his info from Geranimo in jail in the 20,s . RJ AND Knoss buried about 5 ton . I ounce saw a map of the site , and have done a little research on the mater and have concluded , the spot is on the missle range . If anyone has connections there let me know. The map is in my brain, scary thought. LOL I have hunted treasure for Many yrs , but am really a Miner.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc did have a partner , lets call him RJ , he moved about 5 tons before they shot him. Mister RJ was still alive in 2007 but i dont know about now. There was a treasure found in the Caballos by Mr. O but was the LaRue treasure . Knoss got his info from Geranimo in jail in the 20,s . RJ AND Knoss buried about 5 ton . I ounce saw a map of the site , and have done a little research on the mater and have concluded , the spot is on the missle range . If anyone has connections there let me know. The map is in my brain, scary thought. LOL I have hunted treasure for Many yrs , but am really a Miner.

Doc couldn't have gotten any map from Geronimo in the 20's. Geronimo died in 1909. I think Noss was about five years old at the time. If Noss saw a map, it was probably Willie's Map. Willie found his cave in 1928. Doc supposedly found the caves under VP in 1937. Doc was also known to have sold gold bars as early as 1935. How could he sell bars from VP two years before he supposedly found the bars under VP?

Doc had several partners. Not just Charlie Ryan. If you are saying that RJ helped Doc bury a lot of gold, you are probably talking about Tony Jolley. Tony Jolley died (I believe) in 2006 in Nampa, Idaho. The only other person that helped Noss bury anything would have to have been Bennie Samaniego. Doc gave him a gold bar and the Spanish Armor for his help in bringing about 300 bars out of VP.

Mike

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now information I can use.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a bit of info i received over the years, Doc Noss was in jail with Geronimo in Silver City , Knoss was a young man an was in jail for , drinking in public . anyway Geronimo ask him if he would get him something to eat and drink when he was released , Doc agreed, later Doc brought the items to the jail window , Geronimo told Doc give me your shirt, Doc replied ,why . Geronimo took doc's white shirt and drew him a map of the location at Victorio peak. Doc found 30 tons in the upper chamber which he removed about 3 ton , Then the Government found out about it, Kennedy and Johnson knew about it and it got Kennedy Killed thats , 2 so far .The Spanish were Mining around Quivara to the west somewhere , I know of someone who was trying to open them . Two died there also and the land owner stopped the opperation. The legend talks about 3 having to die before these mines can be reopened. Probaly ture for the treasure also.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doc was in prison in Santa Fe in 1934, Josie Morgan ''Belle'', claimed to have known Doc in Oklahoma where he went by the name Tom Starr
and she said he was older than he claimed when he was in New Mexico, and there is a story that Doc was in Fort Sill brigg when he was young
for stealing a horse, Fort Sill is where Geronimo was held untill he died, but the numerous records say different, Doc was born July 3rd 1905 in Dewy county Oklahoma.

When Geronimo died they had taken a bunch of the bucks from Fort Sill to a party where there were women and drinking, Geronimo got drunk and fell
off the wagon on the way back and nobody noticed, the next morning they found him froze to death on the side of the trail.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Screen shot 2015-10-19 at 11.05.43 PM.png

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Starr" is a well-known Organization code name in OK. There are a number of other surnames and place names that are frequently associated with 1930s-era treasure tales. Also frequently used - maps to gold bars, Mexicans, lost hunters/cowboys, Native Americans, iron doors, rock carvings. Coincidences?

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI sAMUEL. i HAVE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THAT MYSELF, TWO MEN KNEW where he buried the bars, yet never made any attempt to recover any after Noss was shot ???
I also like how you made the statement Real TTT, of where is all the silver bars and the dore bars? Man that would be a great find too.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that they held tight to the mountain ranges from Tayopa to the Rio Grande. The mountain would have the springs for water, offer high look outs for your advance party, camouflage and protection for the mule train?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Samuel & Don Guacamole,

The night before he was murdered by Charley Ryan, Doc Noss enlisted the help of an old acquaintance. A rodeo cowboy named Tony Jolley. The story is that Doc went to Ryan's House the day before they were supposed to do a deal for the 300 gold bars that Doc had already moved from VP. Doc overheard Ryan planning to screw him out of his share, so he went off trying to find someone to help him rebury as many of the 300 bars as he could (Ryan already knew where the 300 bars were). He found Jolley, and together, they reburied 110 of the 300 gold bars.

Doc was murdered in 1949. Jolley didn't go back until about 1961 or 1963. He thought he could just remember exactly where he and Doc had buried all that gold. He couldn't find squat. He went back with equipment and recovered ten of the 300 bars. Here is a bit of an interview with him about that night:

So, ten of the three hundred bars were recovered, and paid for the ranch that Jolley left to his son when he died in 2006.

Mike

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all
i have been following this thread for awhile and decided i would join the site so i could ask some questions! i have been to the caballos many times. we originally started going there for the placer gold and then i got hooked on the treasure tales LOL. my 1st question is when you are headed up the main road towards bat cave, the road "Y's" and if you follow it left theres an old cabin and (2) mine shafts. does anyone know any info on this site? if anyone has any questions for me feel free to ask!

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all
i have been following this thread for awhile and decided i would join the site so i could ask some questions! i have been to the caballos many times. we originally started going there for the placer gold and then i got hooked on the treasure tales LOL. my 1st question is when you are headed up the main road towards bat cave, the road "Y's" and if you follow it left theres an old cabin and (2) mine shafts. does anyone know any info on this site? if anyone has any questions for me feel free to ask!

I believe the cabin you are referring to is known as the Cleto Cabin, and nearby is Cleto Springs.

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also, just south of Apache gap, right after you drive under the overpass is an area that has really been mined. some real old concrete, shafts, and roads carved in the hillsides. anyone know how old these workings are? we looked at them, the area is not huge, but was a pretty big operation. lots of rose quartz...

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one more question for tonight....how many of yall have actually driven the Palomas Gap road? that is pretty knarly LOL. also, the road is def a man made/improved road. just curious how old/long ago it was built? thanks for any replys!... i love the caballos and dont know many people with any experience there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread