DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There must be, but I cannot find it. Logic and common sense dictates it, but only for the Jesuits. To find the remains, - many with the last shipment still buried , look forthe blobs of adobe There are two, one at Tayopa and the other further north that list the contents, they were periodically cleared out then the deposit started again.

You would have to swing an arc covering one days travel by a heavily loaded animal. in that region, then look for the Acobe blobe, .

txtea

Nov 16, 2009
There must be, but I cannot find it. Logic and common sense dictates it, but only for the Jesuits. To find the remains, - many with the last shipment still buried , look forthe blobs of adobe There are two, one at Tayopa and the other further north that list the contents, they were periodically cleared out then the deposit started again.

You would have to swing an arc covering one days travel by a heavily loaded animal. in that region, then look for the Acobe blobe, .

Well, do you think your beautiful mule is up for the trip? Load her down with coffee and a few of Oro's socks....good to go.

Be an interesting trip, trying to locate these places and swing a detector.....who knows?
If this was the way they traveled with the goodies, and this small bay was their loading point, who knows if anything is still in hiding somewhere along the way or near the bay. Damned drug cartels.

Ahh to be 30 yrs younger. Life needs a rewind button.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an alternative to an ultralight aircraft. All I need is to know the path to fly, and within a few months after I get up and running I could produce high resolution mapping photos of the whole route. But first I need to know what route to fly by GPS coordinates....

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unk Matt. The US did that for Mexico in the 50's. They took aerial photograph of the entire Mexican country. They can be gotten in B/W, Color, and stereo. They were helpful in the Tayopa campaign. Frankly they are superior to the sat services that we can receive.

They give a depth perception view and if you use the stereo viewer, 3-d.

I found old trails at Tayopa thet the resident Indians never knew existed.

But for such a large program to the East, cost would be prohibitive tooo many, iI would take month,to years to examine them all thoroughly.

Best to fly over the area and order the photos on only the areas of interest, or if possible, land near by, and examine them on foot = detectors. It would be a fascinating trip, and even possibly self financing

However I am competing with the sex life of the Asian mottled wing moth, to Bathysphere explorations, and more on the Lusitania.

Course if I was exploring the intimate life of The Dakota Sheep herders ==========

Any way, nothing is lost and Tayopa may just pique the Interest of the commite

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also appreciate those kinds of resources! However, my target is to produce 3D maps with 1 cm per pixel resolution. Hopefully you will be able to tell the difference between a dime and a nickle in the photos. I've been working on this for some time, but it has a steep learning curve in a lot of different fields, so it has been much more time consuming and expensive than I first imagined.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a radio controlled mapping plane, with about a 7.5 foot wingspan. It has an APM autopilot that maps and takes photos according to how it is programmed. You have a first-person-view through a 1080p camera mounted on the nose, and you view the video through display goggles on your head.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After you launch it on a programmed mission, you can literally sit back and enjoy the show with a cold drink, or coffee if you like :laughing7:

Oh, and it comes back and lands on its own too.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay Springy,

I promised some Polygraph Test Results, so here ya go:
fieggeberlettpolygraph1.jpg
fieggeberlettpolygraph2.jpg

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING! I'm impressed that you found this and posted it! Got anything else you have been holding out on us? lol :notworthy:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum, not exactly. you really need to get your story correct. none of what you said about them in va is correct. but I guess to know the hole story you would have to have been there. I was. , I just get angry for the way those people in that county got treated.dont take my word for it, ask anyone in that area,those people in that part of the country never forget, and no I don't agree with the way you use other peoples money for speculation, that's no way to treat people or make friends,.it may be good for you,its not for me .life is speculative .but too many speculations on too many treasures is not good ,at some point you have to produce something. and I would appreciate you not putting words in my mouth. anyway enough of that discussion, its not even interesting and does not belong on this thread,np:cat:

First,

PLEASE show me where I am putting words in your mouth?

Next,

I have looked high and low, but can't find any reference to angry investors in Mel Fisher's Va Dig. I did find that he was there for three months (not the better part of a year). He did promise to come back with his Helo Mounted Magnetometer when he had more than a "code breaker" to go by. He never got anything better than a Radio DJ that said he broke the code. Shortly thereafter, Fisher was diagnosed with cancer. He spent the next several years fighting that, until it took him in 1998. I agree that it doesn't belong here, but I think it would make a great thread on it's own. If he had investors that thought he didn't give them their money's worth, that should be known.

When it comes to bankrolling a treasure hunting expedition, I don't know how much experience you have with that. If the expedition is centered on MY search (my theory, my solution), then I pay out of my pocket. If someone comes to me with a treasure story, and wants me to help, then I don't spend a penny. If there is enough credible evidence to suggest my solution to a treasure story has merit, then I may go to some of my friends and see about a joint venture. Do you think Fisher paid for 16 years of searching for the Atocha out of his pocket? No, he had many investors. When he hit the Motherlode, every one of his investors was paid more than they could have imagined.

In the 1800s and early 1900s, the Royal Geographic Society funded most of the great expeditions worldwide that searched for treasures, lost cities, etc. The only person I personally know of that footed the bill for most of his treasure expeditions was Chuck Kenworthy. He was a California Real Estate multimillionaire long before he took up treasure hunting. He paid for SRI (Stanford Research Institute) out of his pocket, for them to use all the latest and best scientific equipment on his hunts. When he met with SRI in Egypt, he paid for the BBC to film a documentary about their work.

Mike

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had some questions for gollum, but already found the answers. post removed.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit me up with whatever questions you have. I will answer what I can. Some things I can't because of privacy promises or ongoing searches, but I will do what I can.

mike

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was being stupid this morning, not paying enough attention to obvious things. I am curious though, if you bought the 3 books that were published on VP?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was being stupid this morning, not paying enough attention to obvious things. I am curious though, if you bought the 3 books that were published on VP?

Yes I did. I had been corresponding with Tom Whittle for a few years. Before these books, he had the best version of the story I had read to date. He clued me in to these books, and later I was contacted by John Clarence (Pen Name). We have conversed many times as the books were moving forward. He sent me an early copy of the first book, but as soon as the set was available, I bought one. There is no book or books that have more information, or is better referenced than these. The authors were given unprecedented access to the Noss Family Archives. They both chased down all the smallest details of every part of the story they wrote about. As people found out about the books, all sorts contacted the authors; from ex-CIA to kooks and jerks all wanting their input known.

I have "100 Tons of Gold", "Treasure of Victoria Peak", "What Men Call Treasure", A huge 3 ring binder with FOIA Documents, Taped Interviews, pictures, and more that I can't remember off the top of my head. I still think those three books (The Gold House) are the best.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions