mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone on here have an email or phone number for John Clarence or Tom Whittle, the authors of the Gold House Trilogy.
There is a discrepancy that would have significant impact on local legends in the area.
I would like to contact John to have him review the data and find out which is the case.
It matters to another lead I am following about he Willie cave and/or the Doc and Tony cave.
thanks
You can PM it to me so its not public if you want.
wr

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone on here have an email or phone number for John Clarence or Tom Whittle, the authors of the Gold House Trilogy.
There is a discrepancy that would have significant impact on local legends in the area.
I would like to contact John to have him review the data and find out which is the case.
It matters to another lead I am following about he Willie cave and/or the Doc and Tony cave.
thanks
You can PM it to me so its not public if you want.
wr

Try Gollum. He posted a while ago he was working a deal with Clarence to sell the remaining printed “Gold House Trilogy” books. By the way...Kindle version on Amazon $9.50 a piece today

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am but you have not been posting much.

Well, i have been warned so many times to not be so transparent with my locations and plans, that I started thinking I should just be "underground".
But, its hard to build relationships and exchange any info if your "underground".

I dont like being paranoid, but I dont like being foolish either.
wr

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i have been warned so many times to not be so transparent with my locations and plans, that I started thinking I should just be "underground".
But, its hard to build relationships and exchange any info if your "underground".

I dont like being paranoid, but I dont like being foolish either.
wr

WR, you are neither paranoid nor foolish...your being smart. Keep your own company, you are the best friend you will ever have. I am a researcher, not a treasure hunter. I, along with others, have followed your postings for some years now. I think you are wise to hold back details that you feel are important to your quest. By now you should have figured out who you can trust in this venue. PM them. I did. I received a welcome response to my questions which sent me in different directions with my research. Take care, hope you find what your looking for.

Dirt

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WR, you are neither paranoid nor foolish...your being smart. Keep your own company, you are the best friend you will ever have. I am a researcher, not a treasure hunter. I, along with others, have followed your postings for some years now. I think you are wise to hold back details that you feel are important to your quest. By now you should have figured out who you can trust in this venue. PM them. I did. I received a welcome response to my questions which sent me in different directions with my research. Take care, hope you find what your looking for.

Dirt

Dirt:
thanks for your advice and support. I am in contact with many from Tnet via PM and my own personal email. As you have found, they are supportive and exchanging important information. My quest, I feel, is moving forward nicely.
For me, the adventure of this quest is reward enough. But, to be honest, I would love to solve a couple of the mysteries. 1. The Willie/Buster cave. 2. the Doc/Toni cave. Maybe not as much for the gold (which only complicates life) but for the challenge and the history.
I will be on the ground again soon, and plan to take more pics and videos to post here on Tnet.
take care everyone.
wr

wyoming

Jun 8, 2007
wyoming
Love the DOC Noss picture. Too funny! Yes it is real and there are more carvings on the same tree- ( I am the one that took the photo ) --So curious how someone might be abe to give directions without knowing where I took this photo. ( I have actually told a few people how to reach this very spot- But people are lazy and want everything handed to them. None ever even tried- so it was a waste of my own time. ) Odds of anyone getting the directions? Well about as good as someone using my photo giving directions.

Warpony

Greenie
Oct 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure but can show you about ten more of those in the region. One area in specific is covered in the same carvings.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the DOC Noss picture. Too funny! Yes it is real and there are more carvings on the same tree- ( I am the one that took the photo ) --So curious how someone might be abe to give directions without knowing where I took this photo. ( I have actually told a few people how to reach this very spot- But people are lazy and want everything handed to them. None ever even tried- so it was a waste of my own time. ) Odds of anyone getting the directions? Well about as good as someone using my photo giving directions.

Wyoming,

Doc and Ova spent many a night camping all over the area, and Doc carved a lot of things into a lot of trees. The most prominent would be at Sardine Springs. Sardine Springs were named after Doc's favorite snack....canned sardines. You can still find old rusty sardine cans there.

Mike

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Then another day, went up to the towers, found the "old apache trail" and followed the trail out onto the top of "angels landing".
Very nice old trail.
Explored the top of angels landing and followed the "old apache trail" on around to where it crosses above Sardine canyon.
Went down into the top portion of Sardine canyon. Again, not much interesting stuff but very vertical and rough.
So, these two "adventures", let me explore the bottom portion of Sardine and the top portion of Sardine without any interesting findings.
Must be that the interesting portions of Sardine are in the middle area. will take a multi day adventure to get into the middle area. to come at a later date.
Must say, the "old apache trail" is a very sweet trail. amazingly beautiful and difficult country that they found a relatively easy trail to navigate.
Was great walking a trail that chief Geronimo used his entire life. Had a very nice feel to it.
wr

Jan 19, 2020
Truth or Consequences
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read through this thread, enjoyed all the posts and information. Have just moved to T or C, NM, and settled in, bought a Jeep Wranger Rubicon, and started exploring the Caballos and surrounding areas. I see the last post in this thread was November of last year, any other more active threads on this area and Caballos, Noss, Doughit, etc. on Treasure Net?

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have read through this thread, enjoyed all the posts and information. Have just moved to T or C, NM, and settled in, bought a Jeep Wranger Rubicon, and started exploring the Caballos and surrounding areas. I see the last post in this thread was November of last year, any other more active threads on this area and Caballos, Noss, Doughit, etc. on Treasure Net?

Welcome to the hunt. I will probly see you around the mountains. what color is your Rubicon? I will be back in the caballos march 1 to april 15. yahoo.

Jan 19, 2020
Truth or Consequences
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My jeep is now my profile pic.

Our Jeep is Silver/White, with gray/charcoal top and fender flares.

Yes, we would look forward to meeting you. Lately we have been spending time around the Palomas Gap, Burbank Canyon, Granite Canyon, area, but want to get back to Bat Cave Canyon soon.

Do you know Dennis, who is usually on his claim up Apache Gap a bit?

Sorry in the very late reply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread