Roanoke area, Cave Springs any Detectorists?

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll be visiting my dad for a few days at Cave Springs, Virginia (suburb of Roanoke) in May on the occasion of his 90th birthday. He's lived there for the past 30 years but in the "suburbs" and doesn't know good hunting areas.

I've been doing the Southern California beaches for almost 2 years and have located some "profitable" landfill sites close to home. I enjoy finding the old stuff and especially older coins and jewelery. I'm not too keen on relics of the civil war as I'd feel bad about removing any historically relevant items away from Virginia.

I'd like to hook up with some local detectorists and possibly plan out a few hunts. I'm studying a 1950's topo map of the area and see that a lot of what's indicated as houses are missing off of Google Earth and Microsoft's Live Search Maps.

This will be my first time back East with my detector and I'm all excited!

HH Joe

JoeSwindell

Feb 1, 2008
Roanoke, Va
If you haven't already come and gone I can recommend some old houses, one in particular that is for sale made in 1818 I believe. If they'd let you detect their huge yard I'm sure it would produce something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread