Lets get a current roster going!

yoblazes

Mar 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey chesapeake guy here I'm available pretty much whenever. I'm currently a student at tcc during th week and weekends I'm free. I'm a bit of a newbie but a quick learner, I also have private virgin land at gloucester point VA right across from yorktown available to anyone who will "mentor" me and teach me the ways haha. I have a Garrett ace 250 with dd coil and pin pointer. Again pretty much available 24/7. Let me know!

yoblazes

Mar 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS my names james I'm 22 and I'm game for any kind of digs shoot me a text or give me a call if anyone around chesapeake would like to get together 757 576 4339

vabuckhunter

Mar 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I live in Rockingham County, would be willing to travel an hour or so for a good hunt. I have some good sites id be willing to trade with.

Vaquero45

Jan 21, 2012
Brunswick County, VA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in Brunswick County. I'm just getting back in to this and the only spot I hunt right now is my own property. I am doing some research and trying to find new spots to hunt. I'd be willing to share what I find. I'm willing to drive an hour or two on weekends.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, Joe from Augusta county, in the Shenandoah Valley. Wanted to keep the thread going. Myself and two of my friends have only been doing this for a little over a year. We have done a lot of research and have had a lot of success. It is hard to get permission here because a lot of the land owners at good sites have been hounded for years. We have manged a few and are working on more. All three of use have lived here all are lives and know a lot of people. That really helps but you have to be careful not to ware out you welcome. It is nice to know there are so many people in this that are neighbors. We live in a great state to relic hunt. Good luck to all and HH :occasion14:

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Whites 4900/D, Fisher TW-6, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm another one in Chester. Currently my only spots are my 1/3 acre I call home and the park on my works property. They allow employees to detect there and there are 3 or 4 of us that have been hitting it for quite a few years.
Interested in meeting up with some locals for sure.

mlittle

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2014
Chester, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Chester and willing to drive 2 hours. If there are others in the area, I would be willing to car pool. I have a crewmax Tundra, so I can fit 3 others with gear. I am new to the area and hobby, so I may need some assistance to hone my skills.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richmond / Ashland / Louisa here. Always looking to meet up and hunt with others.

relichound

Aug 25, 2004
Northern Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in Alexandria, VA currently detect with two buddies in the western part of the state of VA where we live, and always open to other areas. Willing to reciprocate by taking you to our sites as well that have produced well (2 US belt buckles I dug, State seal VA and CADET W.M.S Confederate military button). Available on weekends as I still work for a living!
If interested PM me.

Wayne

Relic Hunter Essentials for Successful Recovery of Relics

Last edited:

bernie1881

Apr 30, 2015
Alexandria, VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also up in Alexandria, would be willing to travel up to 2 hours. I'm a newb to civilian metal detecting (haven't even used my MD yet, should be breaking it in tomorrow) but I have worked with MDs for work. With that said I have no spots of my own as of now. It would be awesome to meet up with some others.

Chris

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a spot 2 weeks ago Fredericksberg, VA and not one person responded they were going to hunt it. Sad.

moncureww

Greenie
May 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Fredericksburg. Looking for folks to team up with who may have a spot or two and some permission. Im currently permission fishing. Email [email protected]

Coin Dog

Aug 3, 2015
Sandy Level VA
Detector(s) used
XP deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, I live in south central Va by Smith Mountain Dam and just now getting back into detecting after a long break. Have a new XP Deus I am learning to use. Originally started detecting in early 80's in SC, VA Beach, MO, and TX back then I was using Garret freedom metal and had good success. I went to the Persian Gulf in I believe it was 1991 and well now it is today. Any else in this area detect?

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
Nice idea for this this thread!

I'm in the Harrisonburg/Rockingham Co. area (out past Singers Glen), willing to travel a fair ways once I replace the ball joints on my Jeep but probably only a half hour or so until then (and that mainly on back roads where I don't have to drive at speed)
I've been back in the area only a few years and only have one decent spot so far (late 1800s--first half dime!)). Have researched some and found some possible spots but I'm a chicken **** when it comes to knocking on doors.

(Haven't been detecting as much since I left Massachusetts and I only have internet now on my phone, hence my lack of presence here recently.)

Rjones915

Tenderfoot
Nov 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all- new here. I'm in Hayes (Gloucester County). I live on the water and so far I like searching among the muck when then tide goes out (easy to dig!)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hi all, I live in south central Va by Smith Mountain Dam and just now getting back into detecting after a long break. Have a new XP Deus I am learning to use. Originally started detecting in early 80's in SC, VA Beach, MO, and TX back then I was using Garret freedom metal and had good success. I went to the Persian Gulf in I believe it was 1991 and well now it is today. Any else in this area detect?
Moon Shine Stills in Franklin County across the SML Bridge, West Lake, etc. HH! Good Luck! Heh...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nice idea for this this thread!

I'm in the Harrisonburg/Rockingham Co. area (out past Singers Glen), willing to travel a fair ways once I replace the ball joints on my Jeep but probably only a half hour or so until then (and that mainly on back roads where I don't have to drive at speed)
I've been back in the area only a few years and only have one decent spot so far (late 1800s--first half dime!)). Have researched some and found some possible spots but I'm a chicken **** when it comes to knocking on doors.

(Haven't been detecting as much since I left Massachusetts and I only have internet now on my phone, hence my lack of presence here recently.)
Went to James Madison University "up there"; Harrisonburg/Rockingham County Historical Society in Harrisonburg may be able to "help" you. HH! Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

BSK2112

Dec 13, 2015
NoVA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
New here as well.. Have an AT Pro but haven't found much yet. I am in Northern VA and love exploring the Manassas and Bull Run sites however you cant dig there. Would love to partner up with someone for some digging and relic hunting! Always up for a road trip if need be! Dont hesitate to PM me. Thanks guys!

jwbro

Mar 25, 2014
Blue Ridge, Va
Detector(s) used
White's QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Blue Ridge, Va. Retired military and started hunting about 2 years ago. Best finds so far is a 1876 Seated Liberty Dime and a 1883 IH Penny. Lots of clad. Using a White's QXT Pro and a Fishers F-2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread