Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would still love the opportunity to get a few hunts in this year with fellow detectorists! Ashland / Glenn Allen & Louisa area here.

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in Roanoke not a real talker so I don't make friends very easily so talking to strangers is very hard. I still just search local parks, but to have some company once in a while would be a nice change. Don.

jwbro

Mar 25, 2014
Blue Ridge, Va
Detector(s) used
White's QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Don, I hunt around Roanoke and Vinton parks also. Im surprised I havent seen you out. Like you, I dont talk much.

#1roofer

Greenie
May 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the Appomattox area,been out the game for a while. Me and my father-in-law dectected back in the late 80's through the 90's. Just bought a v3i and would be interested in joining up with someone on the weekends.
Thanks, roofer

Lance15t

Dec 26, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Christiansburg VA here. Needing someone to go out hunting with. Just got stationed here. Active army.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Christiansburg VA here. Needing someone to go out hunting with. Just got stationed here. Active army.

There's a number of members here from Christiansburg but I haven't seen them on-line here in quite a while. Search for Dirt Warrior - I think that was right. There's a search feature at the top of this page.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, State of Virginia appears to be "well-covered"; I just do R & I (Research & Investigation), and SOMETIMES will do "Feet-On-The Ground" work if near-by (in Lynchburg, Va.; know Bedford County, Campbell County...); interested in Beale Treasure, J. Smith Mines, Civil War battlefields of the Shenandoah Valley, Page County, Rockingham County (went to JMU), Mountains of Virginia Skyline Drive/BRP, & more. NEVER did MD'ing, just "hunted" & found arrowheads, ax-heads, CW buttons, minnie balls, cannonballs, REB bullets (rings make a difference)... ALL a "gut-feeling kind of thing". NOW! Know & RESPECT all Fed/State/Local laws on MD'ing & Th'ing... AND! If looking at PRIVATE land, etc.; get PERMISSION, FIRST. Easier to do, if yer a kid... BUT! We ALL grow UP! :laughing7:

Last edited:

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad back here on the string. I've been out with surgery on my arm so swinging has been out of the question. I am on the mend now and slowly getting able to swing a couple/3 hours at a pop. Retired military, but working elsewhere full time now. If anyone is near Suffolk and wants to go for a swing just let me know (IM)...Brad

hanoverdigger

Oct 27, 2010
Hanover County, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites MxSport Teknetics T2 SE Nautilus 2 b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I've been swinging detectors for close to 30 years. I'm like a lot of you on here...shared some spots only to get burned. I still will share spots if the favor is returned, but no going back without me or asking first. I will extend the same courtesy. I am retired so just about anytime is good for me and will travel. I'm in Hanover Co. Va. Thanks

mhoecker

Dec 1, 2016
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's TDI Pulsescan, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Total newbie - first time at the hobby. I don't have any resources to offer up at this time. Will start with my own backyard. Have joined the local Northen Virginia relic hunting club and will attend their meetings once they start having them in the spring. Lots to learn! My husband is learning with me, so we come as a pkg deal.

Madonna West Springfield Garrett AT Pro Willing to travel 2 hours, more if a great spot and has a place we can overnight in our RV

jgdeavers

Greenie
Jan 3, 2017
Gloucester VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMAx
Tesoro Outlaw (3 coil pack)
MarsMD Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jamie here in Gloucester Co.
Giving another go after a 30yr layoff.

Right now have no locations to share, as for now I just have a few private farms lined up.

via LGv10

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jamie here in Gloucester Co.
Giving another go after a 30yr layoff.

Right now have no locations to share, as for now I just have a few private farms lined up.

via LGv10
Lots of good places in that area!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jan 5, 2017
Bristow VA (Northern VA)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus primary
AT Pro
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy New Year all, New member here, long time dirt fisher in NVA near Manassas. Looking to join some new peeps, willing to travel. Just finished a dig in Scotland for the first time! Good flexibility for times and locations, reach out and say hey!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi New Member and I am doing my check of the posts for new and interesting posts and anything that may be in the area. I am in the Shenandoah Valley, Harrisonburg area. Now is the time to look at where to go and who may and may not let you hunt and figure out where to go knock. I know that there were some other members that had posted earlier on this thread and if still around they may want to jump back in or check the post for Rockingham County, VA as several members have also posted there. Let's keep this going and see who shows up. I know at one time there used to be a group that had a hunt at Camp Alta Mons near Roanoke in the fall, I have not kept up and not sure if that is still done or not. Time for winter to make it's mark and move on!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, hope this thread doesn't end with me. Let's keep it going and see who is still out there.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, I just moved back to Virginia and am also retired. I'm in mecklenburg county and could travel an hour or so. I'm reconnecting with old friends to find some places to hunt. I'm willing to share them when I get them. I agree with some of the post that there nothing worse than sharing a spot only to find out the person you shared it will brought a bunch of his buddies at a later date and ruined the relationship that I build with the land owner. honesty and integrity goes a long way. I've done just about every king of hunting, metal detecting, bottle hunting and ive even starting a little prospecting (have no idea of what I'm doing on the last one) but am willing to get together with anyone who wants to go hunt for something.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Lynchburg Area
MAY find CW relics between L'burg & B'ford; Campbell County has "colonial" relics along Rt. 24 (Old Colonial HWY); Coffee Road in Boonesboro was "The Turnpike" from Amherst County to Poplar Forest...Thomas Jefferson rode his horse down from Monticello on that old Turnpike; Amherst County has remains of Riverside Inn at Monacan Park in Elon, Va.; Free Town in Tobacco Row Mountain on Ware's Gap Road in Amherst County was a community of "Free Blacks" (mountain community)... FORGET the Beale Treasure! LOL!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread