Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Rockingham county va

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2007
    6218 times
    "Google" what is on "Post" 28.

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Rattler headphone
    321 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I tried and did not get where I should be. BI will try again Monday when work gets slow and see what happens. Back from TN and ready for warm weather and a chance to find some sites to check. I remember seeing a partial foundation where my stepson is living but not up to bring used to get access to detect it. Guess that parks are first on the list. Come on spring!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    6218 times
    Yeah, I just "googled" DocBeav - Beautiful Day in Va. for Relics on the River; no longer there... DANG!

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Rattler headphone
    321 times
    Things get moved and I guess deleted. That is hard to believe in these days of everything available online but I guess it goes to a cybernet hide and forget. Who knows, may run across it yet under something else.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    6218 times
    In the upper (Northern) Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, is the POWELL'S FORT VALLEY TREASURE in Shenandoah County; there is a "thread" on this one, already & some ppl have been doing R & I, and "on-the-ground work". MAY wanna check it out...
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Feb 16, 2017 at 09:13 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    321 times
    Just did and my Dad and his family grew up in Fort Valley. Interesting place, would have been a different place to grow up and looking around, who knows what is hidden as there are a lot of places tucked back along bottoms of the ridges.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    6218 times
    Back to "Rockingham County, Va."... I think the German-related communities of Mennonite/Amish/Brethren ppl in the WESTERN part of the county, along Rt. 42 (Dayton, etc.) would be a good start for R & I for "German BURIED Treasures"; I am aware of one "community" of Germans settling north of Elkton, Va. on the Massenutten Fields, where the George Miller (Mueller) House is; ONE legend of GERMAN "Treasure" buried on Peaked Mountain facing McGaheysville (sp). Massenutten Cavern in Keezletown was ANOTHER "source of INTEREST"... was in it, back in 1959 or so.

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    321 times
    Peaked Mountain near Keezletown? Now that has some interest for me as I am wondering if that is Massenutten or Laird's Knob? I have been on the opposite ridge from Laird's Knob on a hiking trail with a trail biking friend years ago. We found a way around on of the "Tank" traps to keep vehicles out and rode our dirt bikes up the hiking trail and down halfway on the backside. We had to turn around when it became evident that the trail was no longer friendly to anything but foot travel. With people building up on the area that is now Skyline drive, the Massenutten chain was built along also. There should be (?) old homes and foundations in the areas that searches for ownership and permission would be needed. Bet all of that is GW Forest! Be worth a little research just to see what is out there and if it is available to search.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    6218 times
    Peaked Mountain IS Massenutten... as you go along the "chain" of Massenutten, NORTH, past Keezletown, there ARE old "foundations", etc. Armentrout (sp) families owned MOST of the land beyond Keezletown at one time; I knew a few, & even rented a house from one of 'em in the Keezletown "area"... Della Armentrout.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2011
    Occupied Virginia
    WHITE MXT & NEW VX3 a At Pro and a few others
    651 times
    I have been going just about every day in this Beautiful weather so any time you Guys are ready let me know. I recovered a Seiko watch day before yesterday about 7" deep with my VX 3. also ANOTHER WATCH AT 4" I GUESS it was my day for watches. Lol I am amazed at how deep some of these things have gotten?. I just ordered the new 13" DD coil for the Vx3 and now have it for the Garrett Pro so I'm so ready. if we put our heads together and come up with some new locations the Sky is the limit.. Thanks Doc
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    321 times
    Hey Doc, sounds like you have been doing well. I got out about a hour Monday to check the horseshoe pits that I found at the back end of the Apt. Complex I live in. Nothing but pull tabs, beavertails and foil from the grills. Got those out but was hoping for that one stray lost ring that no one ever found. Been fighting a sinus infection and was the first day I felt good enough to go out. I see the doctor on the 28th and hope to get this take care of before warm weather and pollen are both in full swing. I will give you a pm as soon as I am able to be out and going with out getting sick. Nothing bummer out a good day more than someone tonight down and pulling the rest down too. Don't want to be that one. I will be ready to go soon! Keep swinging!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    6218 times
    HH! Good Luck! Have FUN!

Charter Member
    us
    Jeff

Jan 2017
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    321 times
    Yeah, now if the weather would decide if it was winter , spring or what. I'm not sure how to dress from one day to the next. Was eyeballing the play area of the park right up the road. Might be at least some clad and if I am lucky, a ring, silver is okay, gold better! Right next to a house, the park maintenance building and across the field from the police department. Guess if I am going to get attention, this will be the place!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal
    1678 times
    If any of you Shenandoah guys like knives, antique or modern, or have any you would like info on or to sell, please come to the annual Shenandoah Knife Show at Rockingham fairgrounds March 31-April 2nd. All types of knives will be available for sale or trade. Hope to see some of you there, I will have two tables of antique knives and US WW2 knives on display, most available.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

Jun 2007
    6218 times
    THAT would be a GREAT day/way to "net-work"! CARRY ON!
    gunsil likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links