Stewartsville, Va. (Bedford County/Roanoke County)

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel
I searched my family on this site free,and went back the the 1850s three pages of relatives i never heard of.
Maybe you could do a little research there...might work.
Free Family History and Genealogy Records — FamilySearch.org]
THANKS! Already searched for wife's GG Father, from NC... who spent time in prison for killing a man (he didn't). ONLY surviving member of the DALTON GANG, (Emmett). And we DO have MANY Dalton & James families in West Bedford County/East Roanoke County, Va. in Stewartsville area... would LOVE to find SOMETHING! Heh...

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
And in Maggie Valley, NC "area", family names like Collins, Dalton, Wright...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
R & I indicate that J. Frank Dalton (Jesse James' "imposter"/"body double") was an older brother to the boys of the Dalton Gang (JFD was NEVER involved). Emmett Dalton was the ONLY survivor, served time in the "Pen".... after release, "E"/"Em" moved to WESTERN North Carolina (Maggie Valley "area"...?)... where my wife's family was from, hence... her mother's grandfather (MEAN! Served time for killing a man) lived. A DALTON! Now, I gotta to get her a "six-shooter"; OPEN CARRY in Virginia... HA! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HOWEVER! MORE R & I... "Emmett Dalton: His Life After The Coffeyville Raid" has NOTHING on NC "connections"; hmmm...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
True, FJ & family lived in Lynchburg in 1882; FJ was James Ed Warren (JEW)...

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Emmit Dalton lived in Oklahoma for a while after release from prison, then moved to California where he was involved in real estate and moving pictures.

The Dalton's mother Adeline Lee Younger Dalton, was half-sister to Charles Lee Younger, father of Cole, Bob and Jim, which would make her their aunt. She married James Lewis Dalton in 1851, and had 17 children (7 boys 10 girls. 2 died as children), of which 5 of the boys became "famous": outlaws Grat, Bob, Emmett, and Bill; and lawman Frank who was killed in the line of duty as a U.S. Deputy Marshal in 1887.

Zerelda James married Ben Simms after her husband died in California. Simms' niece married an uncle of Cole Younger, so...
The Younger family is only related to the James family by marriage.
The Daltons have some blood relation to the Youngers, but none to the Jameses.

It is said that Adeline Dalton DESPISED the actions of her nephews, and refused to allow her sons and daughters associate with their cousins, nor to speak of them in her presence. I live less than a mile from where the family lived in Coffeyville (1882-1888); the old house is still there.

With her son Frank being killed in 1887, and her husband Lewis dying in 1888, Adeline moved live near one of her daughters in Kingfisher, I.T. in 1889. No loot buried around the Dalton House in Coffeyville...I got permission and checked several times over the years.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread