City Park Finds or Penny Park

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
After some much needed rain I made it out for some detecting. I have hunted this park before which never fails to produce a load of pennies, so I renamed the park 'Penny Park'. I was surprised when my first good signal turned out to be 1941 War Nickle. After that I found my normal stash of pennies which I contribute to the local high school students tossing their pennies around during lunch break. Another surprise followed with another nickle signal, was I amazed to discover it was a dated 1968 with a mint mark of 'S' stamped. At the end of the hunt I managed to find $0.42 in pennies, $0.25 in nickles and $0.50 in dimes.

Did not find any silver or gold rings like some folks I know...not mentioning any names (juju) but on this side of the mountain we don't have a large population of rich folks losing rings and such. But I did have fun and had a small following of local kids asking a ton of questions.

Attachments

• OmakCityPark.jpg
    OmakCityPark.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 1941Nickle.jpg
    1941Nickle.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 318
  • 1968SNickle.jpg
    1968SNickle.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 262
  • OmakCityPark.jpg
    OmakCityPark.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 1941Nickle.jpg
    1941Nickle.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 1968SNickle.jpg
    1968SNickle.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 261

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg on the war nickle shes sweet ,I'm still waiting to find my first one

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
Hi 49'er

Thanks for posting your recent finds! We need more action on this Washington board...

Glad to see you've been getting out some, I haven't :(

But, I'm recovered from my recent car troubles and have a new rig, so I'm ready for some ROAD TRIPS soon :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
If I get over your way, I'll give you a call. Been doin' more prospecting than MD'ing, and would love to get back up to Similkameen with you!

Kilika

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Wow, I am totally late on this, just checking out the "other" state forums. FYI, the 1941 nickel, though minted during the war, is not technically a war nickel. It has no silver composition whatsoever, nor a large mint mark on the back above Monticello. The 35% silver war nickels were issued from 1942-1945 (and not all 42's contain silver either)...

Other than that, nice finds!

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread