Some of these threads are Ancient

treasurebum

Greenie
Mar 27, 2011
Vancouver (Hazel Dell) Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab on the dirt and in the water
Hello to the Forum and a big Shout Out to the Washingtonian's. :hello: You may know me from other MDing forums(?)

I was reading through several of the Washington threads, specifically the ones in and around Vancouver.

First of all, while its hard to tell from just a user name, I'm glad to see a gender mix within our hobby. No offense guys, but sometimes the company of a woman is more pleasant or just plain desirable. That said, I'm a bit of a loaner, generally hunting solo, up until now. I do have a Nephew who also Metal Detects here in Vancouver, hunting together as time allows.

Like traditional fishing or hunting, it's not a contest to me. There's no final score or tally at the end of the day. Maybe in determining if a location is worthy of a return visit and even then, that's not always certain. Life and people constantly change.

For me, first and foremost is just getting out and taking in the sites and sounds. Breathing the fresh air (hopefully), meeting folks and if I happen to detect some clad or old silver in the process, that's a bonus. I donā€™t start the day with any pre-conceived notions on how it will unfold, so there's seldom disappointments. My ā€œExā€ told me for twenty six years, I was too laid back about life. Thankfully, since that time weā€™re friends again and via long distance.

I disturb the areas I hunt as little as possible, trying even harder to cover my tracks, leaving no trace. If I choose to follow through with a signal, investigating further and it turns out to be trash, thatā€™s on me. At that point, Iā€™ve won the prize and I'm putting it into my finds bag, right along with the keepers. It is then carried with me until I can dispose of it as it should have been originally. I am not a slob and donā€™t have patience for people who litter, much less for those who pick up trash and then put it back where they found it (duh?!).

My goal in starting this thread is to bring Vancouver and surrounding towns up to speed on who we are (to one another) and where we reside. As mentioned, I'm in Vancouver (actually Hazel Dell). After reading the Washington thread, I know there's many more folks in and around the area, to include Ridgefield, Battle Ground, Salmon Creek, Dollar Corner, Five Corners, Orchards, Camas Washougal and I'm sure, several I neglected to mention. It wasnā€™t intentional and If I have, give a Shout Out for your town, even if you have before (I haven't met you yet)

I plan to be Metal Detecting for the rest of my years. Iā€™m open to hunting the beaches as much as the inland areas. Iā€™ve recently added a water machine and hope to do more of that too. As mentioned, Iā€™m very laid back and am easily amused, being just as satisfied hunting a forest as an Elementary School, or a gravel parking lot as much as a river beach. Itā€™s all good.
Finally, I hope to meet many of you with time and exchange tips, pictures a cup of coffee :coffee2: at some diner or maybe even share a campfire. If youā€™d like to meet up and hunt together some time, to split costs or just for company, send me a pm and please, allow as much lead time as possible. I havenā€™t been back in the PNW as long as Iā€˜d like (Tucson Arizona for twenty eight years), but Iā€™m getting my bearings again, getting the hang of the culture where I fit in and I do return pmā€™s and e-mails as quickly as I can. HH and hope to hear from you.... :thumbsup: Treasurebum/Dave

bass99

May 9, 2005
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey treasurebum, I live in Aberdeen but get down your way to see my daughters when they have time to see me and usually go hunting by myself. It would be great to find someone to hunt with next time i'm down there. Will Probably be down there in a few weeks.
bass99

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:wave: Never Know I might have Ran Into you out hunting Some People love to stop and Talk Some Don't!!!

I usually get out every week end Sunday is looking like the weather is going to be good for a Hunt!!!! as long as it not over an hour from Fishers landing area I'm up to It!!

Maybe I have chatted with you before!!!! HH Chug

If this is the gentelman that I met with and chatted to this last weekend Red changed Our avatar the second pic is of the Medallion

Attachments

• 8-15-2010_028.JPG
    8-15-2010_028.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 187
  • ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 8-15-2010_028.JPG
    8-15-2010_028.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 187
  • ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG