Ive been cubed.......gold cubed that is........

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Malkiha

Greenie
Mar 8, 2012
Maple Valley
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
damn dude, well at least you didnt get skunked? i applied and got my HPA already and have yet to use it. friend of mine from a club said you have to run the material EXTREMELY slow with a recirculating pump with jet dry. I personally dont own a gold cube, but since im a HUGE advocate of using fluid bed technology over riffles and the likes, i created a plexiglass black sand seperator. Its fully complete, i just havent had time to test my prototype. Ill let everyone know how it works out, ill prolly be heading down towards the end of this month.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, it runs a lot slower than normal concentrates. Think 50% heavy magnetics, 48% normal black sand, 1.999999999% blond sand and all the rest is micro gold. Something like -100 but there's some in every spoonful you test pan. I'd bet I get more black sand in 1 shovel full than most see in an entire year on rivers.
Recirc would probably get more but emptying a tub every 10 mins cuts into possessing time, however next time I'm going to try that just to compare capture rates. Since the cube forces everything under the surface at each drop, I'm not sure it will gain that much. The cube was supposedly designed specifically for fine sands and gold.

I won't have any weekends off till mid july since I work a rotating shift 4 on 4 off, but if we can meet up at Long Beach I can 100% guarantee color. As for Waddell cr. access is limited but I know a few places to go and I've only hit the easy ones so far and a couple I've yet to try.

click on pic for video.

Last edited:

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice man, looks so much fun, maybe ill have to come sometime, help ya pack some gear or what not, in exchange for some lessons :notworthy:
I'm a bigtime camper, hiker, detector, etc, but a total rookie when it comes gold prospecting, be it flour, flakes or nuggets

Seriously though I'm only 35, a quick learner, love to get out, might make a good mule a time or two :dontknow: haha :laughing7:

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ill admit it, the cube is pretty much foolproof. Just set it up and start feeding. The only variable is making sure the gold is in the sand you run. I'm gonna head down Wed. morn if the weather looks good.

I always enjoy company and am willing to share what little I know.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions