city of everett parks

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been detecting for all of 3 days learning my new AT pro and have already had my first run in with the law.

At silver lake in everett apparently you are only allowed to detect in the sand or the wood chips other wise you face a $1000 fine for "defacing park property". It doesn't matter if you put your plugs back in place and of the 20 holes I dug he wasn't able to locate because I put them back so well, I was "defacing park property". When I asked him if he considered what I was doing was "malicous intent" and what should I do with the barbed wire and rusty nails I dug up or if he wanted me to go put them back where I found them. He didn't find that funny. Or when I asked if he was going to go write the family with the 3 kids digging a freaking pit in the grass and throwing dirt everywhere a 1000 fine.

I explained to him that the city and county don't have anything listed on the sites about detecting and the only one that did was the state website. And there is no ranger station to check in with at silver lake.

3 days onto this hobby and the squirell cops already up in my face. Made so mad I just left. Wont be going back there again......ever. sad part was I was on the strongest signal I had ever seen on my machine.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't think I ever found much of anything besides clad in Silver Lake Park. Try
a few of the older schools up in the Snohomish area, as they are sure to still
hold some goodies..8-)

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, nothing but clad and trash there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions