Waddell Creek? ?

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

aurum48khz

Jun 14, 2016
Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Margaret Mckenny / Waddell Creek and using a metal detector? Is using a metal Detector against any rules and is having the fish and gold booklet on hand sufficient to use one at those locations or is there special permissions or registrations required?

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No special rules on detectors on the creek but, the gold is so small I doubt it'll even make a beep. However, the black sand will :dontknow:

OP
OP
AimSmMissSm

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Hello all I started this post a couple years ago. I've met most of the guys posting and I am very happy to call you all my friends.

There has been some DNR enforcement telling miners that Waddell Creek is closed to motorized mineral prospecting. This is false and a violation of our right to mine. A friend and I have researched this extensively. We have the right to mine and Saturday we will prove it. If your interested in dredging come to Waddell Creek we will have 3 dredges running legally and answer questions. I will even allow people some supervised nozzle time with direction. Come up check it out.

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kai....you're still kicking!!! Long time, no read :hello:....
It's been a busy year for me...and not in a good way. Good at home but my parents health issues kept me running all winter and early summer, then came work and filling in for people on vacations plus more parent health stuff :dontknow:..... Sal and I have only been out twice in 2016 and my dredge hasn't seen the light of day yet this season :sadsmiley:...... and all the above things aint looking any better for the near future :BangHead:

We did prospect a good spot to dredge if we get a chance, but we'll have to wait and see if we get that chance :coins:

I'm hoping/thinking.....maybe...... next year ??? and I'm also looking into buying an Idaho claim. At least I'd have a camp spot for me and friends and a place to dream about for a 1-2 week vacation each summer then a retirement job in 8 years :occasion14:.....and believe me, I'll try it out before I put down any money :icon_scratch:!!!!!!!!!!! plus there's all the public areas to explore :laughing7:

BTW please pm me how things have added up for you up north.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread