16.5 oz. Nugget found in Wa.

OP
OP
AimSmMissSm

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Thank you its amazing to see that nuggets like that are still found here in Wa.

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
I suspect that most of the nuggets in the Liberty area are buried near bedrock. About 1951, a potato sized nugget was found on top of the dredge tailing pile along side Swauk Creek. It was too large for the trommel screen and was tossed out. The person that found it was just walking on the top of the tailing pile and saw it. The tailing pile at that time was raw with almost no vegetation on top. Last time I took a look it was overgrown. It might be worth while to do some metal detecting on the old tailings.

The Bigney Mine, when operating, found a lot of nuggets in their diggings on the hill SW of town. Nuggets have been found in all the creeks west of the highway as far as Red Top mountain. Underground diggings around Liberty have yielded wire gold. The mountains north of Ellensburg and Cle elum and south of Leavenworth and Wenatchee have unlocated gold deposits that will continue to reveal their secrets to the prospector and hobbiest. The largest gold mine in the State is located in the city limits of Wenatchee, and there may be other good sized deposits on Mission Ridge.

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I watch their youtube videos and they are awesome to watch. I can't wait to get out to Liberty next season.

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been up there dozens of times - you want history? Go to Liberty. It is innnnnnnnncredible....
I've made friends with a few families in town, some real characters for sure.

Even better if you have a DualSport motorcycle or a 4x4 , head up in the hills to the east of Liberty. Go bushwacking and you will see remnants of 1930s operations, current operations, an arrastre, etc it'll blow yer socks off.

Consider this an open invitation to head up sometime with us, we've got about 2-3 weeks before the weather really sets in

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liberty small.jpg

Picture of me, tired, sweaty and WAY underground in the 2nd most famous tunnel above Liberty. Location to remain secret for now, active claim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread