Are any of you going to the Pacific North West Miners Rally, in Liberty, WA?

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just wondering if any of you are going to make the trek to Liberty, Wa next weekend? I will be there Saturday and part of Sunday and it would be nice to catch up with some of the folks I've spoken to. I sent an email to the "contact mod" address asking if I could link to it on here and didn't hear back so.. I guess it's ok? If not please just take it down and know I don't have any stake in the rally. It's just a good time and a chance to meet some folks with similar interest.
Last year we spent most of the time listening to the speakers, one was the mine geologist from Kinross' Buckhorn Mine near Republic, Wa. It was very well done presentation. There were lots of others as well most sharing hard won nuggets of information about prospecting for varies minerals in the Pacific Northwest.

All the Best,
John

Resources Coalition Homepage

PNW Miners
Rally
August 22-24, 2014 Liberty, Washington
Free to the Public
 Educational Presentations and Lectures
 Hands on Equipment Demonstrations
 Tour Historic Liberty
 Observe an operating Arrastra
 Observe area Placer Claim Operations
 Visit nearby gemstone sites
 Prospecting & Mining Associations &
Clubs
 Metal Detector Night Hunt
 Food Available Onsite
 Raffle for Great Prizes
 Free Camping (Dry)
 Lodging and Restaurants available nearby

Information: Resources Coalition Homepage

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm going to try to get there this weekend as well. Bringing the highbanker to try to rescue some of the gold so it doesn't clog up Kai's dredge again :tongue3:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I forgot to say I was going to Waddell this weekend. Probably Sunday or maybe Monday. I wish I could go to Liberty but I just don't have the time or resources this year. I might take your advice and build a couple high bankers with stands this winter to sell there next year maybe even make a crashbox so they can be used with a 2-3" dredge set up. I already have the plans in my head.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
John I didnt mean to hijack your thread sorry. I have a thread about Waddell guys please move interest over to that one

Thanks

Kai

OP
OP
Jjhall68

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No apology needed, I'm not that guy,lol

The rally was great! Met lots of good folks and listened to a couple of great presentations. One was a materials engineer from Kenross' Republic Mill. Since refining is a big hobby of mine, that was an easy sell for me. The other was a guy from the resource coalition who spoke on current regs and upcoming proposed changes. There was a second guy from them that did a fantastic job of explaining the grant aspect of the 1872 mining laws. Really good stuff.
We got an invitation to tour an underground placer operation, which was awesome. Then had a chance to run a few bobcat buckets of material through a trommel and pan out the cons. The owner and his partners were all great guys and shared a bunch of the history of the area as well as their time and even some gold! I'll add some pictures soon.
By the way the material we ran was waste rock and clean up material from the floor and ran about 5 grams a yard:notworthy:
I gota get me one of those.

All the Best,
John

Last edited:

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
I cant wait to see the pictures. I wish we could have made it work but we did spend time camping and dredging as a family for about half the $ it would have cost to go to Liberty. Good family time mining I will take that any time.

OP
OP
Jjhall68

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's all it takes to make it perfect! The Gold is just the souvenir.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread