looking for places for gold

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mt Rainier National Park, but I just looked at it and there is still a large portion of the river outside of it so disreguard :icon_thumleft:
I'll be heading up to Waddell in the rain tomorrow for a few hours for the last day if your going to be by there Kai??

SerhioSi

Nov 25, 2023
Hi Russ hear i live in Orting W.A. where would there be a good place to go to look for gold around my area ? is Fairfax WA a good place to go? please let me know.thanks
Hi Russel
Fairfax / Melmont - Is it worth looking for coins or has everything been dug up already?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ummm, notice how old this thread is?

Dejure

Nov 30, 2023
Old thread, but, info is info. . . .

I've panned up and down Blewitt Pass and found little color. Must have been something there, somewhere, because, in the fifties, you could have stopped your car, walked fifteen feet and been in a mine.
The foregoing aside, about thirty years ago, I'd watch the boys and girls with their fancy rigs come in to Sleepy Hollow, near Cashmere, Washington, just feet north of the bridge and spend two weeks working the area. They they'd vanish.

My grandparents in law lived at the end of the bridge. I looked at the are and wondered. It had flooded a few years earlier. The east side of the river had a lot of area with boulders that would have made great baffles. I took my pan there and, about 6' above the river, would scoop up some sand and gravel. EVERY pan gave me color. A sluice might have done well. Interestingly, I was the only one who ever looked there, even though it was bend in the river.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread