Bazooka Gold Trap in WA

kikinit247

Dec 20, 2013
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am considering purchasing a 36" sniper, and I have a couple questions.
What size and models are people using? Water flow won't be an issue nor will drop, but $$$ is always a consideration.

Is it legal to say pull all the bigger rocks and boulders out and run material 4 inches and under? Does that qualify as classifying?

The regs are as follows:

Classify – To sort aggregate by hand or through a screen,
grizzly, or similar device to remove the larger material and
concentrate the remaining aggregate.

(e) You may process only classified aggregate within the wetted perimeter when using a sluice.

I am going to call Olympia next week to get this clarified, but was curious if anyone else knew the answer. '

Thanks in advance,
K/247

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm using a 30" prospector only because they didn't make the 36" back then. I know a ton of people running these here and all love them. I would say picking out the occasional large rock is technically "classified".

Also a buddy of mine just picked up the new "heavy duty" prospector model for a few extra bucks and I would go that way if I were to buy one. It's really not that much heavier but is built to last longer.

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the heavy weight 30" prospector running next to the standard weight running the standard just fast enough to clear, even needed a little help with a flat rock now and then. Running the HD with much more volume. Both had Good recovery of -50 gold, we did preload a little grave in the trap to give it a place to hide.
This is not far from Sultan, Wa. Let me know if you want to catch up sometime and you can test drive mine. image.jpg

All the Best,
John

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I run a sniper when the flow is low, and my 36" prospector when flow is anywhere from just better than low, all the way up to completely submerged! I have sluiced with keene, brawn and bazooka, and needless to say, I only have my bazookas anymore. Dig more, classify less, get more gold...simple.

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run a sniper when the flow is low, and my 36" prospector when flow is anywhere from just better than low, all the way up to completely submerged! I have sluiced with keene, brawn and bazooka, and needless to say, I only have my bazookas anymore. Dig more, classify less, get more gold...simple.
I got my 36" sniper for Christmas and love it. I only get flour gold in Everett, and it does lose a bit of the finest but the amount of dirt processed makes up for it by far. It is an amazing unit. Normal sluice does a third the amount with twice the black sands. I hate working through that shi#*.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions