wvminer

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2012
Weston, West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I am extremely new to this hobby well so new I haven't even ordered my detector yet but I have decided which one I am getting, I was wondering if anyone is up for showing a new guy the ropes. I have never even used a metal detector before in my life but I have always wanted one and finally saved up the money to get one. Also I am from Lewis county but I work in Philippi . Thanks, Zach.

charlie8137

Feb 8, 2009
Barboursville
Detector(s) used
GTI-1500
Hello everyone, I am extremely new to this hobby well so new I haven't even ordered my detector yet but I have decided which one I am getting, I was wondering if anyone is up for showing a new guy the ropes. I have never even used a metal detector before in my life but I have always wanted one and finally saved up the money to get one. Also I am from Lewis county but I work in Philippi . Thanks, Zach.

First, decide on what machine to buy, then learn everything you can about the machine, what to listen for, target ID, etc. The web is full of videos. Then get out and swing a coil. Your're going to find alot of junk. Depending of what machine you buy, you'll learn how to tell the difference between junk and treasure...... and ALWAYS backfill your holes. Most coins will be at a 4-6 inch depth, and everyone has there own technique for recovering coins. Finally, when in doubt.....dig!

Charlie

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

welcome to the forums depending on what metal detector you get there are tons of videos out there the best thing is to start in your yard and learn the sounds and how to pinpoint with the machine always get permission before you hunt somewhere not your property good luck there are alot of intellegent people that can answer any of your questions on here so feel free to ask happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread