Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got back from an AmeriCorps Vista training in Berkeley Springs, WV. I have to say that is one awesome place with tons of unknown history, luckily we had an awesome tour of the place because on of the Vistas was a girl who grew up there and knows all the history. She also showed me microwave s'mores. :)

Nice lol how was the microwaveable s'mores lol

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in regular old Virginia, but I can say that I love Berkeley Springs! My Dad grew up there, and my Grandma still lives there. I've always wanted to check out the castle, but never had an opportunity. Also, as a tip, my Dad used to talk about treasure hunts he would do with friends up in the woods. They used to go out and look for old trade pits and look for cool old stuff they could sell to the antique shops. He also told me that there are a bunch of abandoned cars up in the woods, a few of which he thinks we're getaway cars. If y'all are interested, I'd go up there and look or 'em. I'm definitely gonna try it out.

OP
OP
YoungBlood

YoungBlood

Sep 18, 2012
I live in regular old Virginia, but I can say that I love Berkeley Springs! My Dad grew up there, and my Grandma still lives there. I've always wanted to check out the castle, but never had an opportunity. Also, as a tip, my Dad used to talk about treasure hunts he would do with friends up in the woods. They used to go out and look for old trade pits and look for cool old stuff they could sell to the antique shops. He also told me that there are a bunch of abandoned cars up in the woods, a few of which he thinks we're getaway cars. If y'all are interested, I'd go up there and look or 'em. I'm definitely gonna try it out.

We had some spare time so she took us to see the castle. It's way better in person even though they don't give tours, you should really take a trip.

Attachments

• image-2358374041.jpg
    image-2358374041.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 143
  • image-3925840401.jpg
    image-3925840401.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 159
  • image-3491179529.jpg
    image-3491179529.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 163

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread