"VANISHING AMERICAN" Watercolor by artist R. Lutrell

savatreatabvr

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2011
"VANISHING AMERICAN" Watercolor by artist R. Lutrell

I bought this beautiful Indian Chief watercolor titled, Vanishing American at a yard sale a few months ago but I can't find much info about the artist, Richard Lutrell. His signature is followed by A.I.C.A. 79 and then he signs it again with the serial number 091/300 so I'm assuming it's a print of some sort or lithograph but I just don't know. Here's where I get really confused, why is the glass is frosted?

DSC04099.jpg

DSC04097.jpg

DSC04108.jpg

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: "VANISHING AMERICAN" Watercolor by artist R. Lutrell

the frosted glass is cuz its SO COOL. -- VERY NICE PAINTING ALL JOKING ASIDE.

AICA (USA)--IS THE AMERICAN ARM OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ART CRITICS - A NGO UNDER UNESCO FOR A LONG TIME

THE C IN A CIRCLE IS A COPYRIGHT * THE "79" IS FOR 1979 --- IT ONE OF 300 MADE. NUMBER 91 OF 300 ( 91/300)

OP
OP
S

savatreatabvr

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2011

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it! What would the Vanishing American be worth?

ivan salis said:
the frosted glass is cuz its SO COOL. -- VERY NICE PAINTING ALL JOKING ASIDE.

AICA (USA)--IS THE AMERICAN ARM OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ART CRITICS - A NGO UNDER UNESCO FOR A LONG TIME

THE C IN A CIRCLE IS A COPYRIGHT * THE "79" IS FOR 1979 --- IT ONE OF 300 MADE. NUMBER 91 OF 300 ( 91/300)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

as much as someone will give you for it , and as little as you'll take for it --when those two ends meet thats what its worth at that time and place between those two people -- nice painting looks like it might be worth a bit to the "right person" --being I am not a art person, I can not try to tell you what its "worth" is .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread