Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several pictures of items left in a shed at our home we just bought. I want to sell these items but have no clue as where to start. I don't even know what some of these things are, besides a sheller for pecans (I think), a pipe holder and some kind of scale arm with a weight...the scale arm has ruler type marks and says New Haven Conneticut on it. Please, if someone could give me a place to start as far as asking price, I would really appreciate it. Bryan

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 887
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 975
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 495
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 516
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 442

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
, Nice find. Wanted to let you know the third pic is a corn husker and the one next to it is a pipe wrench,I had one husker many years ago,,

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pic 1 looks like the three things in the middle are for making shoes. Pic 2 antique horse or ox harness

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beans said:
Pic 1 looks like the three things in the middle are for making shoes. Pic 2 antique horse or ox harness
Yes they are cobblers iron forms and what looks like the stand to go with it. The second pic shows harness hames for mules probably.

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really appreciate the ID's... I kind of thought that those things in pic 2 were something that had to do with harnesses....now what i am interested to know is how much I should ask for the items as far a $ starting price. Does anyone have any ideas on price....I am looking to unload these items...

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

AlabamaRelic

Jul 2, 2009
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The last pic has the the pea for the scale shown in the first pic. I would be interested in buying the shoe lasts.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pic 1....the scale arm with the weight .......My dad who grew up during the depression said that scale arm is a Cotton Scale...there were different weights used to counter balance the bag of cotton....Joe

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photo #1. Shoe repair set; $30.-$40. Scale; $25.-$35. Auger; $35.-$45. Photo#2. Hames for harnessing team of horses or mules. $20.-$30. a set. Photo#3 and 4. Corn sheller $40.-$50. Pipe vise $30.-$40. I think these prices are within reason.

ouachitacaveman

Mar 12, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you will add the scale in photo 1 to the weight that goes with it in the last photo, the pair would likely bring $30-$60, especially here in the Southern states. They were also used to weigh produce, such as potatoes and other crops sold by the pound. I recently saw just the scale-weight of that type for sale in a local antique shop for $ 40, though that price DID seem kinda high ...

djswords

Apr 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IN picture on right top. Those are Hanes - used to harness horses and mules to things, like plows. Let me know if you find a price for them.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Contact your local auctioneer. He has probably seen mountains of stuff like that. I've seen lots of it. Depending on your area, he can give you a true value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread