Quartz Crystal

Sileana

Jun 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me if this quartz crystal that was given to me, could be worth something. I don't know much about it. My boss at work took it as "payment" for services rendered at our clinic. The previous owner told her it was a family heirloom. She just wanted it out of the cabinet it was collecting dust in so she gave it to me instead of tossing it in the dumpster.

It weighs about 13.2lbs, 10.5 inches long, and has 6 sides. It was mounted on this very bizarre looking contraption, (I could provide a photo of it as well if anyone is curious about it.) that we took it out of as it had really sharp points on it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3389/crystalb.jpg

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not worth as much as you may think. I hope your bosses services were less than $200 because you would be lucky to get that much for it. Here is one similar in color and shape but almost double the weight that didn't sell on eBay for $194.00. Hope that helps good luck

Natural lg Quartz Crystal 13" tall 12 kilos / 26.5 Lbs | eBay

OP
OP
S

Sileana

Jun 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for the reply! I'm considering taking it to a rock/mineral shop to see if they can give me an idea as well. I looked on ebay as well and couldn't believe the price of some of the ones I saw.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread