Magic Chef stove

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
Found this at an old homesite I detected the other day. What is it worth? Would it be worth dragging home?
Thanks for any info.

HH
Mr.T

100_1529.jpg

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Are you still dragging? Its been a while and no word! :)
:D That is a nice stove ! I once found a similar one in an old cabin way out in the woods.A friend offered me i think $25 to bring it out for him,so i took it apart and did just that dragged it out piece by piece ! The oven box i dragged out on a toboggan through the snow. ;D

OP
OP
mr.theman

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
diggummup said:
PERSONAL RANT! If you start something,finish it mr.theman. ::)

Wasn't aware that I started anything. i just asked a question, which by the way no one has answered. Whats it worth?

I still sits where i left it as far as I know. I haven't had the time or the will to persue it between college, work, kids and christmas.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

HH
Mr.T

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mr T ! heres a link that might help. http://www.antiquestoves.com/magic chef/ My Brother refurbishes old stoves and i've done a bit myself.The stove in your pic.looks to be an add on ??? If it was me i would surely haul it back as it looks to be in pretty good shape,and i would bet you could sell it for a decent amount.Or you could be real nice and drag it over to Gypsys place. ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mr.theman said:
diggummup said:
PERSONAL RANT! If you start something,finish it mr.theman. ::)

Wasn't aware that I started anything. i just asked a question, which by the way no one has answered. Whats it worth?

I still sits where i left it as far as I know. I haven't had the time or the will to persue it between college, work, kids and christmas.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

HH
Mr.T
Got your attention though didn't I? :).It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.It looks like it dates to the 30's,very art deco. It looks like it's in decent rebuildable shape.Is it worth a fortune,of course not.The way it sits,probably around $50.00 or so,that's just a wild guess from someone who likes the look of the thing,me! :o Rebuilt and restored,probably several hundred at least.Is it worth you dragging it home? I guess not since you "haven't had the time or the will to persue it." Me,i'd of carried the thing on my back to get it home, if that's what it took.But that's just me.Perhaps I was a little abrasive on you,per my reply yesterday,sorry about that.Happy New Year everyone.
PS-I see Kieser found a similar one on Ebay,WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread