LEpee carriage clock retailed by Tiffany Co

junkless

Nov 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L'Epee carriage clock retailed by Tiffany Co

Found this carriage clock which was retailed by Tiffany Co. It was a presentation piece and has engraving on it. Wondering how much the engraving affects the value. You can see the writing on the front in the picture. The top has "From your friends at Time" written on it. Thinking I could possibly have the engraving removed but not sure if it'd be worth the investment. Let me know what ya think as it's going up for sale sometime soon. Thanks!

IMAG0232_1_zps9f06e072.jpg

IMAG0231_zps7528523b.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If it were me, I'd call Tiffany (800-843-3269) and ask to whom I could send a pic to possibly determine if the clock is an original (but modern) Tiffany, or a knock off. The date appears to be 1984 (December X?) and "Time" might refer to the magazine; as in a gift from some employees of Time, Inc. to a particular person--maybe a retirement gift.
Don........

OP
OP
J

junkless

Nov 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm almost positive it came from time mag. Date is Dec 31 '84. Its the real deal L'Epee and I have emails into both Tiffany and L'Epee but have had no response. A clock repair guy told me he thought the clock dated around the 20s. I belive it is later than that but before 84. The balance arm spins freely but there is no key. I pressed the repeater button and got a couple dim chimes but its outa juice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread