1950 $5 Bill

RaggleFraggle

Dec 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago, I found a 1950 $5 bill, and just yesterday stumbled back onto it. Doing some research, I saw that it's worth...well, $5. But those articles are a few years old, and I know that things can change value very quickly. So I was wondering if it was worth anything now. The serial number is H14693488A, and it does not have a series. If you need to know anything more, I will post. Thanks

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Raggle,
Welcome to Treasure Net and Merry Christmas !!
As of a few years ago, Federal Reserve Notes from the series 1950 (no A through E series) had a retail value from $12.50 to $140.00 in VF-20 condition. The higher values are (as usual) for bills with stars; otherwise all the bills without stars were (retail) valued at $12.50 except for the St. Louis bill ($15.00).

You may wish to check out Ebay for current sales' prices.
Don....

OP
OP
R

RaggleFraggle

Dec 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mackaydon.

Now here's something that I found when going through Ebay. The signatures on the bills are different. The Secretary of the Treasury is John W. Hayden, and the other I can't make out. And it is a St. Louis bill, but no star.

feliciamurray

Mar 11, 2015
Old Town
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger, and Garrett hand held wand.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I am new to the site and I have a 1950 5 dollar bill with the serial number A42203715B and I was wondering how much it is worth.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
feliciamurray,
Welcome to TreasureNet !!
The 1950 bill was printed in 'plain' and in 'A' through 'E' Series--though no "Es" were printed in the 1950 Boston printing
If your bill is in average condition and in the 1950-A Series, little to no premium should be expected.
IMO, the bill would have to be in UNC-60 or better condition to command a premium (say: $10) value.
Values are greater for bills of the other series. What is your bill's series letter, if any?
Don.....

feliciamurray

Mar 11, 2015
Old Town
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is A and we think the print where it says five over the green seal is not exact, we think it might be slightly misprinted. If you would like I could post an image with it.

feliciamurray

Mar 11, 2015
Old Town
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is images of my 1950 5 Bill

IMG_2060.JPG IMG_2061.JPG

I also have a 2 dollar bill with gold plating on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread