I would like to sell 9 pounds of Liquid Mercury!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you are not allowed to just put something up for sale - check the rules

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
edit it out before the mods see it

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In order to sell on TN you need to be a charter member.
Seeking advice for selling something, is different.
Better check laws on hazardous materials. It may or may not can be shipped through USPS, for sure,
you would need to have proper haz-mat container(not just some old flask) and proper labeling.
Perhaps check locally, see if there are any industries, that can utilize 9 lbs of mercury.
Good luck and welcome to TN.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome !

it appears it can be purchased for $98.00 a pound at Amazon

Amazon.com: Liquid Mercury 454g: Industrial & Scientific

I'm Not so sure of the Legalaties.

Recently 2 Schools in PA were on lockdown, and supposedly had to be decontaminated due to kids having a tiny amount in sealed bottles :tongue3: so there is Paranoia over it.

That said #1 you cannot sell here without being a Charter Member,
And in the Case of Liquid Mercury, I'm not sure you could then Either :dontknow:

Good Luck with it though :thumbsup:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all of the hype against mercury and now that is has been made illegal to use in industry like in switches, thermostats, & good old thermometers, the price has gone down to what you can get for it. Chemical suppliers will buy it off of you if you can't find someone who wants it. It really depends on what type of mercury you have, is it clean, pure, industrial, medical, dental? All of these make a difference. Sierra Chemical is a good place to start if it is clean industrial grade & they can give you a value for it.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am done with my business with the use of mercury and have 9 pounds left I'd like to sell, back when I bought it I paid 130$ a pound and It's been a number of years now so I don't know the price of it. . I have it stored in my flask which is the most efficient way to transport it.

You're joking, of course .................. :laughing7:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
My last job before retiring was managing an auto salvage yard. Part of my responsibility was proper disposal of hazardous material when we crushed the cars. Guess what was considered by the EPA to be the most hazardous out of everythng ? More than used oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, battery acid, etc. The little tiny "pills" with a drop of Mercury in them that make the light come on when you open your hood & trunk... We had to break open the switches, collect the little metal capsules that contain the Mercury, and turn them in for proper disposal. Just a FYI.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread