Any ideas? Urgos grandfather clock

Jaydee

Jan 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently purchased a home with a lot of antique furniture (will post pictures for those interested) including this clock. It is in great working order and in beautiful shape. I found the paperwork from the import company (imported from the Netherlands) inside the bottom of the case. I sent a quick video and a bunch of pictures to a local antique clock dealer who gave me a "low end" number of $6500!!! I sure would appreciate any confirmation or denial of his estimate.Anyway, enough babbling, here are some pics...... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jaydee

Jan 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the welcome, I posted a picture of the back of the mechanism with the model number, it is UW03034B (could be an 8). The serial number is on the photo as well but harder to see, it is 422164. It is about 6.5 feet tall. Possibly 7 to the top of the arch on top.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
These folks handle Urgos clocks. I suggest you contact them:
cwfoot.jpg
124 Goss Hill
PO Box 339
Huntington, MA 01050
800-381-7458
[email protected]
I do note you have a rectangle movement with a serial number (03034) that is considered 'old' by "Clockworks".
Good luck; it's a beautiful clock.
Don......

OP
OP
J

Jaydee

Jan 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on. I'll call them in the morning. I appreciate the help. The import papers were my first clue that it was old. The brown color of the paper along with its "crispness". Also, every single company listed as "places to service your clock in the US" are closed or out of business.

OP
OP
J

Jaydee

Jan 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contacted master clock repair a couple times. I've left messages to no avail. Sure wish I could find out some more info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread