Fiesta coffee pot. Vntage or contemporary?

jep1978

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_5650.JPG
    IMG_5650.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5653.JPG
    IMG_5653.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5651.JPG
    IMG_5651.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 93

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cobalt Blue Fiesta was produced between 1936 and 1951. Your mark looks like an original one to me. I've never seen that pot before though. I will direct someone to this thread that is an expert.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With the spout so high it looks like a hot chocolate pot.
I can't find any reference to one being made so I guess we will have to wait for the expert. :thumbsup:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pm'd the local Fiesta collector. He hasn't responded yet. When you say it's 2 inches shorter, are you measuring with or without the lid on it? Your lid looks different but not like the post 86 lids either. The spout opening is strange too. Maybe just the angle of the photo? Also your photos are very dark, does it show the accent lines as they appear on this piece around the base, the top and the lid? (by the way, this one measures 10 3/8" tall, what about yours?) - http://www.vintageamericanpottery.com/Fiesta_Vintage_Cobalt_Coffeepot_For_Sale_Fiestaware.html#

1-vintage-fiesta-coffeepot-antique-fiestaware-pottery-original-cobalt-for-sale-05.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jep1978

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for the responses!
I agree that the lid looks different than the vintage ones, and also different than the contemporary ones I see online. I found out this color is not the cobalt of the originals, and is a very dark blue instead. I am sure this is a contemporary, just confused about the lid.
Mine is about 8.5" bottom to top of lid.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for the responses!
I agree that the lid looks different than the vintage ones, and also different than the contemporary ones I see online. I found out this color is not the cobalt of the originals, and is a very dark blue instead. I am sure this is a contemporary, just confused about the lid.
Mine is about 8.5" bottom to top of lid.
Ok, since my private message didn't work yesterday (thanks for nothing), I did a little more research of my own. I thought it was your photos making it look darker than it was. Now that I know that isn't the case, it does look like the new "cobalt" pot, as far as shape, size, color and after further research, the mark is post '86 also- Homer Laughlin Fiesta
I believe the lid may have came from a lidded sugar of the same era, that's all I can come up with. However, are the sizes comparable between the two and does the height of the finial look the same as yours does? Sometimes the angle of a photo can distort things.

$_57.JPG

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The HLC Marking on the pot Above Fiesta tells you that it is a new remade pot. That does not make it worthless but it is not Vintage

Cheers

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The HLC Marking on the pot Above Fiesta tells you that it is a new remade pot.

Cheers
That's been established, it's the lid that doesn't match the same "new" (post '86) pot. This is why I suggested it may be the lid from a sugar of the same era, hence the photo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread