Another Pocketwatch from my Great Grandmother! Value? Info?

OhioAdventurer

Apr 5, 2014
Zanesville, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure many of you have seen my threads about the items that my 101 year old Great Grandmother gives me, and I have another one that I'd like some information on. It's an Elgin pocket watch in its original case, with both chains. No idea how much this is worth but I would love to know any information! Thank you!

Site note: All hands on the clock work, and the name on the engraving reads: " H. Agnes Shipley, 1905". H. Agnes Shipley was my Great, Great Grandmother who passed on Mother's Day, May 1925.

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a beautiful watch. You figured out the year it was made :) It a 14K Gold case with a low grade movement. It will bring approx the estimated 14K Gold value plus approx $50 - $100 if it is running correctly and keeps time. If not, it is worth the value of the Gold only because of the cost to repair it.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice and old Pocket Watch you inherited or were given! I am not sure where my' Watch and Clock Book is located, so I can't give you a possible value. If sold via an online auction, the price fetched is somewhat dependent upon the mood of the Bidders, how bad they would want the Pocket Watch and what they are willing to pay for it. Below is a link with more detailed info on the Pocket Watch, that is if the data still shows after copying and pasting the URL.

https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/search/result/elgin/10748503

Frank

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys, hated to do this but it is for sale. I don't know if I'll be able to make rent this month so I had to put it up. Maybe someone here would like to own it. Here is the auction link, thanks again guys.

Sorry ! You cannot post Ebay links for your Sales without Being a Charter member.

good luck !

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's was worth $330. on Oct. 24 of this year I see. To bad you had to sell it. Another option you could have done was pawn it for the rent money and still have an option to get it back. To late now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread