Salvador Dali Don Quichotte de la Mancha Suite le Legacy Value?

rgalvinmi

Dec 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently acquired a Signed Salvador Dali, Don Quichotte de la Mancha Suite, Le Legacy. Etching on Japon, archival paper signed and numbered in pencil #32/150. Salvador Dali signed limited edition etching and aquatint. In excellent condition, never framed , signed by Dali and number ed in pencil. Stamped, signed and certified on the back by Bruce Hochman Dali Gallery author. Anyone know the value? thanks! Bob

dali1.jpg dali2.jpg dali3.jpg dali4.jpg dali5.jpg

OP
OP
R

rgalvinmi

Dec 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice a difference in the signatures?
Salvador Dali Le Legacy Historia de Don Quichotte de La Mancha suite H.Signed | eBay
Wonder what that is all about??
Also, your's is 32/150 while the one I referenced is 11/300.
What's up with that?
Don......

Don, if you look at Dali's signatures, over the years, they are all over the place....that's what makes it so hard to determine reals from fakes. Mine is Stamped, signed and certified on the back by Bruce Hochman, Salvador Dali Gallery President for the past 33 years and author and appraiser of the Dali Price Guide. From what I gather, they made a 150 run print and a 300 run print. Bob

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO a rubber stamp and someone's signature shouldn't be considered a COA
Very familiar with Dali, I have one
there are so many fakes out there they outnumber the real prints by far
brady

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was signing 150 or 300 of something, my signature would begin to look different by the end!

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On thing to check for is the size of your print. The one listed on eBay that we "assume" is original is 17.5" x 15.5"...is yours smaller?

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a dali
photo shopped
How do I know? I'm a Dali freak, I live near st. pete fl museum and been to the museum in spain
including his bronze works in spains walk ways - very cool place on the Costa Del Sol
there's also no decent COA
I have several prints of his
brady

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I would start with Mr. Hochman. He appears to be an authority on the subject. I would inquire if that was his signature and the manner in which he customarily authenticates works of art.

If so, I'd ask if he has a record of appraisal of that work - it was done in June of this year, the piece is numbered, so I'd think if it's genuine he'd be willing to share the results of his work.

An appraisal would probably cost $300 to $350. You'd probably want an estimated value before spending that much to find out if it is genuine...

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread