Large copper nugget

Mintberrycrunch

Mar 13, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is about fifty times larger than any of the other copper nuggets I've dug. Its almost 3 pounds other then it's melt value any idea what a collector might pay? Just incase anyone is interested this came in at 99 on the vdi for my atp at max depth. Kind of faint though the only reason I dug it was when I lifted the coil about six inches I would loss the signal. Unlike the other junk 99 signals that you can still hear clearly with the coil 2 feet in the air. I would think a jar of coins might sound the same.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    542.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
Mintberrycrunch

Mintberrycrunch

Mar 13, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some searching online I'd say for its size and weight $50-$60. The crazy shapes seem to be worth the most. So that's not bad I almost left it I didn't want to carry it around all day instead I hiked back to the car threw it in the trunk glad I did.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Where did you get your info on pricing nuggets. I found this, what I believe is a copper nugget, years ago. I would be interested in knowing its value.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For real life prices, check out completed sales on Ebay, under rocks and minerals.

OP
OP
Mintberrycrunch

Mintberrycrunch

Mar 13, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you get your info on pricing nuggets. I found this, what I believe is a copper nugget, years ago. I would be interested in knowing its value.

It was copper agates.com they had a few similar in size and weight and the were asking about $50. I probably should checkout eBay too

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice as found in the elements native copper specimen. I once had a nice sheet of native copper in the matrix I was able to take home from the White Pine Copper company up in Ontonagon, Michigan. I guy I knew had a son and was telling me how is boy was very much into collecting rocks and I felt like being a nice guy and gave it to his son. The boy was so very grateful for the addition I gave him. Sure hope he kept up with the interest in rocks. Guess that kid would be in his mid 30's now.? I've also let some good arrow heads go the same way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread