German Porcelain Dining Table Place Holders

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
German Porcelain Dining Table Place Holders

We have this group of place holders. There's ten of one style, two of a similar. The differences are slight. On the two, the place name is inset, the hair is a little different, the robe is a little different and the gold filigree is also just a little different.

They all say Germany on the bottom in the back. There's also a four digit number. The ten are 3391, the two are 3390, which I'm guessing is the mold. There was also a small thin crayon that was with them. I tried to get a good photo of the back with the name and the numbers, but they're just too reflective and I don't have the patience at the moment to fight with them.

Other than pintrest, the only thing I could find was this auction
12 Antique Germany Porcelain Nude Children Figurine Dining Table Place Holders | eBay

She has the word 'nude' in her title, but I'm simply not going to search for that and the word 'child' together. The FBI might come knocking at my door...

Anyone know anything about these little figures?
20170228_110619.jpg

OP
OP
paulb104

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking. My wife and I both agree that those two in that auction look like they were repainted. There's telltale signs on the bottom and on the back of paint over porcelain. We're guessing that M. Owens was either the painter, or the recipient of the gift.

... and good afternoon to you :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread