Unsure what it is. Found in Spartanburg SC

D3ADGURU89

Greenie
Apr 29, 2020
Detector(s) used
I do not own any commercial equipment. Everything I have found is found by studying the geographic landscape and general knowledge of the land and material.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2020-4-29 11-38-22.jpg

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find it with a detector? Or no?

OP
OP
D

D3ADGURU89

Greenie
Apr 29, 2020
Detector(s) used
I do not own any commercial equipment. Everything I have found is found by studying the geographic landscape and general knowledge of the land and material.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately I don't have the money for one at the ml moment. But I as soon as I do I am going to get the proper equipment. This rock is just one of many many more. 2020-4-29 11-35-3.jpg

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah looking at the last picture it looks like it is full of pyrite. I got a couple of good detectors. I been looking at some old gold mines around Ga area. I need to make a road trip hopefully soon.

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have that around here. It looks like quartz with what might be described as citrine. Citrine is a semi precious gemstone (basically yellow quartz) but not very valuable unless its a really good piece. The stuff in your photo is usually to thin to make into anything.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is quartz. Amber is sedimentary in nature so you won't find it with quartz. Pyrite does occur as a sulphite with quartz, and sometime gold is INSIDE the pyrite. Check out geologic information on the specific area you found it and that will give you a better idea of which way to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread