1945 wheat penny. No mint mark? Is this it?

Jun 18, 2020
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20200617_230046.jpg IMG_20200617_230114.jpg

My husband found this penny while doing some landscaping in the San Fernando Valley the other day. I looked it up for fun and found to my surprise that if it-minted it could be worth quite a bit of money! I can't find a mint mark... Am I tripping? Is it the real thing? I know very little about coins so if anyone could give me their opinion on it is really appreciate it! Ty!!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From 1793 to 2016 cents minted in Philadelphia carried no mint mark, 2017 Philadelphia cents had a P mint mark, then back to none for 2018. Only worth a couple of cents, but always nice to find a wheat cent. I still keep all that I find.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart to ask and see what people think coin dealers will usually tell you for free.......Tommy

OP
OP
A
Jun 18, 2020
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply to my post! �� I actually found a post in here from a while back almost exactly like mine and it turned out that the person had looked up the same penny on Google and saw that someone was selling one on eBay for a grip of money and therefore assumed the penny must be valuable haha. That's pretty much what I did too tbh lol. I read through the replies and found that it wasn't really worth more than maybe 5c however I couldn't figure out how to reply to my own post to let everyone know that. Anyways I appreciate you guys helping either way and thank you for welcoming me as well! I am so happy I found this site because I'm all about this kind of stuff and there is so much good info on here! Thank you again ��

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to T-Net, Alwayslookdown43.

Yea, Wheat Back cents (1940 to 1958) 2 to 5 cents, depending on condition.
Or priceless if you drop it, and maybe 2 or3 like it, in the Trick-or-Treat bag of a young monster on Halloween Night!

tokameel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread