56.7 KB · Views: 38
  • snapon1.jpg
    snapon1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 45

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a Snap On Tool dealer for 20 years. I sold tools in Kenosha Wi right in World Headquaters. I personal never have seen this display. But I am sure there were many produced. Being a dealer in Kenosha I would see many different products to help promote tool sales. Now as far as what it is worth. It all depends on where and who you sell it to.
Over the years I have had customers that you could call Snap On Tool junkies. They would buy anything that said Snap On Tools on it. I have some Snap On Tool promotion items and where I live now there is not much interest in it. If I still lived in Kenosha I would not have any of it.
Let me give you a example. Anything like this that said Greenbay Packers would be priceless in Wisconsin.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a Snap On Tool dealer for 20 years. I sold tools in Kenosha Wi right in World Headquaters. I personal never have seen this display. But I am sure there were many produced. Being a dealer in Kenosha I would see many different products to help promote tool sales. Now as far as what it is worth. It all depends on where and who you sell it to.
Over the years I have had customers that you could call Snap On Tool junkies. They would buy anything that said Snap On Tools on it. I have some Snap On Tool promotion items and where I live now there is not much interest in it. If I still lived in Kenosha I would not have any of it.
Let me give you a example. Anything like this that said Greenbay Packers would be priceless in Wisconsin.
I was out on the road and lost a fuel pump and made a partial payment for the repair cost to the mechanic with some Snap-On tools I had on hand. He was a Snap-On junkie I noticed looking around his shop, as I waited for him to wrap up the work. I got the tools cheap at a yard sale and the mechanic also made out pretty good on the deal he made with me. Indeed Snap-On tools can be like legal tender.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out on the road and lost a fuel pump and made a partial payment for the repair cost to the mechanic with some Snap-On tools I had on hand. He was a Snap-On junkie I noticed looking around his shop, as I waited for him to wrap up the work. I got the tools cheap at a yard sale and the mechanic also made out pretty good on the deal he made with me. Indeed Snap-On tools can be like legal tender.

There was a slogan on the back of my Snap On truck that said "QUALITYS NOT EXPENSIVE, IT'S PRICELESS". And yes, they can be used as legal tender.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$250-450. Just a guess..

Did you look at the eBay listings I provided? The cheapest 'Buy It Now' price was about $40 (plus postage) and that was for an unused, unopened and undamaged item in its original packaging.

Incidentally, these things were not 'display items'. They were coin-operated novelties (with sound and motion) that you could use as a piggy bank of sorts.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is this Tim Taylor "the Snap On Tool Man"?

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this Tim Taylor "the Snap On Tool Man"?

No, and I doubt that Snap-On would want to be associated with Tim “the Toolman” Taylor (played by Tim Allen) given that he was portrayed as ham-fisted… and often disastrously so (except when it came to cars perhaps).

This diecast battery-powered novelty was produced as a limited edition souvenir collectable and the Snap-On blurb that came with it refers to the figure as “Joe, the mechanic”. When you opened his tool storage unit and dropped your coin into the slot at the top, some pre-recorded sounds started. If you then pressed the button on the base he swivelled round to his workbench. There was a collection of small tools and other loose accessories, within which Joe’s ratchet acted as the key to open the toolbox and retrieve your money.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been called a lot of things but never Tim the tool man. Although Tim The tool man would be much nicer than some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread