got a ideal what ( hanging necklace item) but what type of stones & age range ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3331 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

got a ideal what ( hanging necklace item) but what type of stones & age range ?

here she is - front
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0002.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	561838  

Feb 2008
    11 times

Re: got a ideal what ( hanging necklace item) but what type of stones & age range ?

Some sort of agate or jasper? Too many kinds of both that are not so significant to have a world wide name. Interesting stones, though. Any clues from the texture of the stone, or the weight?

Feb 2008
    11 times

Re: got a ideal what ( hanging necklace item) but what type of stones & age range ?

That's it?? No one else knows anything more definitive? Not something like killdeer egg shells? My guesses were just rough guesses. Someone out there should know for sure!?!

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    3331 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

the stones are smoothed & polished -- I think the diamond looking stones are a form of white clear lead crystal "faux" diamonds * think the item might be turn of the century -- base white metal framing with a brass or gold type "gilt" overlay coating ---no wording or marks upon it.

us
    Oct 2007
    Pascagoula Ms.
    minelab exp.
    44 times

Get a chance post a clear picture of the back .

us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    1934 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

I was thinking the stones looked like some type of Jasper too. The clear diamond-looking stones could be Rhinestones. I'd like to see how they are set, so a clear side & back pic would be nice. Neat find, Breezie
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

us
    Oct 2007
    Pascagoula Ms.
    minelab exp.
    44 times

They could be pearls Ivan.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    3331 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

the stones are a form of stone type material - the setting is a plated base metal * the "diamonds" might be a faux diamond or crystal / rhinestone .

us
    Aug 2010
    N.C.
    2 times

Ha, got it!!! Dalmatian Jasper Google it for more images.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Feb 2008
    11 times

I don't know, unless his color is messed up by the camera, not Dalmation in my opinion.

I still have 2 or 3 dalmation jasper puppies hanging around. I purchased 101 of them to make into pendants and resell. I don't know why, but that number just seemed so significant...............

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links