Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Indian Steve
  • 1 Post By Indian Steve
  • 2 Post By Breezie
  • 1 Post By Indian Steve
  • 1 Post By soupchicken
  • 1 Post By Tina Seavers
  • 1 Post By The_Piratess
  • 1 Post By trdking
  • 1 Post By Indian Steve

Thread: Oil Painting and 2 signed prints... Artist ID?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oil Painting and 2 signed prints... Artist ID?

Howdy all, I picked up a oil painting signed Olga Sorensen and dated 1935 and 2 signed and numbered prints. I can't make out the signatures. I did find out a little about Olga but couldn't find any values. Can anyone help with ID or values? Thanks in advance, steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2788.JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	753218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2789.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	753219   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2780.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	738.9 KB 
ID:	753220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2782.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	753221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2785.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	798.6 KB 
ID:	753222  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2787.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	753223  
    The_Piratess likes this.

us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    1760 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    The 2nd one looks like Haim Joseph. Breezie
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

Thanks Breezie, I think you are right but i can't find anything on him. Steve

Thanks to Randazzo1 on the Garage Sale Finds Forum, the other print is identified as Jovan Obican. Still trying to find anything about Haim Joseph if that is the other signature. Thanks Again to everybody. steve
    The_Piratess likes this.

Jun 2013
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Steve,

I happen to be talking to my mom about getting her an ancestry.com membership and she mentioned Olga and I thought I'd google her and it brought me here. She was a member of the miniature portrait society of America. My mother has some of her work and we actually took some miniatures to Antiques Roadshow a while back and were told they weren't worth much because they were not that old. She came from my father side and I guess I would be her great nephew. Are you interested in selling the painting as I would be interested in having it repaired(looks like it's lost some paint) and hanging it in the house.

Thanks

Scott Sorensen

us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    1760 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter9111 View Post
    Steve,

I happen to be talking to my mom about getting her an ancestry.com membership and she mentioned Olga and I thought I'd google her and it brought me here. She was a member of the miniature portrait society of America. My mother has some of her work and we actually took some miniatures to Antiques Roadshow a while back and were told they weren't worth much because they were not that old. She came from my father side and I guess I would be her great nephew. Are you interested in selling the painting as I would be interested in having it repaired(looks like it's lost some paint) and hanging it in the house.

Thanks

Scott Sorensen
    Your post is one of the reasons I LOVE TNet! I think it is wonderful you found your way to one of your great Aunt's paintings. (I'm still looking for a painting of a clipper ship my grandfather painted.) Hopefully you and Steve can come to an agreement that is best for both of you.

Breezie
    StormSurge and trdking like this.
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

Hi Scott, It is hanging on the living room wall and we like it a lot. I am not sure if i want to sell it and really have no idea of the value. If i do decide to sell, you will be the first to know. You can reach me at snksimscycle AT yahoo.com. Steve
    The_Piratess likes this.

Feb 2015
    1 times
    Hello Scott--I have a oil painting that I bought 20 years ago at an antique show in upstate n.y. ---this oil is a real yard long painting 36"x12" It is signed olga Sorenson 1901----I fell in love with this unbelieveable oil with purple and white violets---as an artist myself this painting looks like it was done by a master---I would like to know any info you may be able to provide.
    Thank you Dana
    The_Piratess likes this.

Jul 2017
    1 times
    Hello Scott,
    I purchased a large formal portrait of an elderly woman in about 1980 in a 2nd hand shop on Martha's Vineyard. It is signed Olga Sorensen and the signature looks exactly like the signature on Indian Steve's painting. The signature is oddly enough on the upper left hand side of the painting, not the lower right which is usually the case. It doesn't sound like she did many portraits and I wonder if you have any further information about your great aunt in the meantime. I moved to Germany in the late 1980's and this fine woman is hanging in my front hall. I actually wondered if it was a portrait of Olga Sorensen when I bought it all those years ago.
    I can send a picture if you are interested. I don't know if you are still active on this forum since this was several years ago.
    Regards,Tina
    The_Piratess likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Saint Malo Marauder

Apr 2017
    Ghost Ship
    Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
    1683 times
    Congrats and nice finds Steve! The artist on the Native American lithograph is actually Stan Joseph. You can find him here - Native Online - North American First Nations Artists
    Last edited by The_Piratess; Jul 09, 2017 at 08:41 PM.
    trdking likes this.

"I don't want to sail with this ship of fools." - Karl Wallinger

Charter Member
    us
    Saint Malo Marauder

Apr 2017
    Ghost Ship
    Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
    1683 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina Seavers View Post
    Hello Scott,
    I purchased a large formal portrait of an elderly woman in about 1980 in a 2nd hand shop on Martha's Vineyard. It is signed Olga Sorensen and the signature looks exactly like the signature on Indian Steve's painting. The signature is oddly enough on the upper left hand side of the painting, not the lower right which is usually the case. It doesn't sound like she did many portraits and I wonder if you have any further information about your great aunt in the meantime. I moved to Germany in the late 1980's and this fine woman is hanging in my front hall. I actually wondered if it was a portrait of Olga Sorensen when I bought it all those years ago.
    I can send a picture if you are interested. I don't know if you are still active on this forum since this was several years ago.
    Regards,Tina
    Hi Tina and Welcome to T-Net! Yes Indian Steve is still active on this forum. You should introduce yourself in the New Members section to receive many more, warm welcomes!

"I don't want to sail with this ship of fools." - Karl Wallinger

us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030
    2431 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezie View Post
    Your post is one of the reasons I LOVE TNet! I think it is wonderful you found your way to one of your great Aunt's paintings. (I'm still looking for a painting of a clipper ship my grandfather painted.) Hopefully you and Steve can come to an agreement that is best for both of you.

Breezie
    What is the description and signature that would be on the painting Breezie? I for one will keep my eye out!
    The_Piratess likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Thanks a lot Piratess!
    The_Piratess likes this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links