Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    857 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Re: is this a platinum?

Interesting. Is it from the Japanese and what was it used for?

ADDED: I found this: During WWII, Tungsten for Japan's iron works was provided from Chinese Mainland held areas.

Feb 2008

I think so, because philippines was invaded by the japanese bringing all the loot from all over asia when they started the worldwar 2. And as they were running away from the advancing allied troops they had burried their loot from different sites here in the philippines and as they burried them along with the prisoners of wars and some their troops and kill them along with the treasure so as to guard the treasure, they also try to put some "signs" (and they all thought this piece of metal accompanied by 4 stones forming as a square like figure and the middle was the plate labeled "FARALOI"). So if ever we have time to go back where the owner of this has dug we'll try ti dig it deeper, maybe or somehow there's a treasure below it.

anyway, a lot of people don't believe that there were no burried treasures in the philippines during the japanese occupation in here but I say it is true since i know a lot of some who had been very wealthy because they have found some of these burried treasures, some POLITICIANS here they got their own wealth from hidden treasures in here, and a lot of japanese were coming back in the philippines with maps... *sigh...

here's some video and i found these to be real...

happy hunting everybody!

i hope this metal is just a sign that there is a burried treasure underneath it

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    857 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

I think it dererves more research on why and what it was doing where he found it.
    Good luck and thanks for posting the find.

Feb 2008

Yes that's why we are going to discover it as soon as we have some finance to go back to the site where it was dug and why it is there.

Thanks so much

pn
    Aug 2012
    Philippines
    Shipwrecks
    Over the years various people have come to me saying they are selling platinum, how do they do it etc. The source was said to be from a Japanese cargo ship WWII lost off Masbate. As you say there are plenty of scammers and it is very dangerous business, especially in Philippines. As the bars or objects are always large the Specific Gravity can easily be calculated in your back yard. A spring balance, or bathroom scales, water and a bucket that overflows into a larger container. Weigh the water displaced and compare with the dry weight. or simply weigh in air and then weigh in water (archimedes) and eureka you find the Specific Gravity. This will tell you if it is stainless steel or platinum or palladium. Look up Specific Gravity of these on the internet. I have been shown 98% iron and also Titanium . If you want confirmation send a tiny sample (2.5 grams) off to a recognised Analytical laboratory for an XRF scan.. Tell the lab that you want to know approx composition of metals. The best place I know is Sheffield Assay Office, Guardian's Hall, Beulah Road, Hillsborough, Sheffield, S6 2AN, United Kingdom.
    Main Switchboard: 0114 231 2121 Analytical Services: 0114 231 8160
    Analytical Services Fax: 0114 231 8161 In two weeks you will get your answer at a cost of less than 2000 pesos.

If I had any gold or platinum for sale I would take it immediately to the Treasury at Banco de Oro in Manila, (they mint coins there aswell) . They will take their cut and in two days (after they have done their own analysis) you will get your money. The amount your receive will be the proper rate and everything is then done legitamately.
    for info on the treasure ships of Philippines see ebook by Tom Bennett SHIPWRECKS OF THE PHILIPPINES.
    Last edited by Capt Tom; Aug 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors