M6 Questions

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I would like some input from the M6 owners.

How do you like the M6?
How is it around wet sand?
How does it pin point?

I mainly go to parks, campgrounds and to the beach ( not a water hunter). I normally just go coin hunting with the high hopes of finding a ring now and again. Would like to get another detector and would like to hear you input on the M6.

I have seen a lot of posts about the MXT but not too much on the M6. Would like some first hand, user input. Thanks.

Ray S

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya Ray,
For what you are wanting to use it for its a good machine. You didnt say fresh water beaches or salt. Salt water and some fresh can be difficult because of black sand,salt or minerals. However Whites has a new 10 inch round DD coil that will make that machine work well on those type beaches, from what I have read.
It pinpoints right on with the concentric coils.
Its a turn on and go machine, simple for anyone to learn to use.
You can go to the Whites forum and read more on it. And you cant beat Whites service if something should happent to it.
Parks can be trashy, and this machine is a fast responder,meaning you can sweep slow to work through the trash,but its best to use a smaller size coil for a trashy environment.
Plus you have an excellent selection of coils to choose from because the M6,MXT and DFX use the same coils.
Hope this helps,
John

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the M6, MXT, And the DFX do not use the same coils, they all operate at different frequencies

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ray, never used mine on a beach but reports say works pretty well in dry sand.. Other than that I've had a BH Time Ranger, GoldbugII, Garrett 1350 and Infinium, Tesoro Tejon, Minelab XS and SE, Fisher F75, Minelab XTerra 70, and the M6.. The M6 (my favorite! It pinpoints great!!) and the XTerra70 are the only ones I've kept.. Does that answer your question? ... By the way it's me in Illinois..
Ray S.
THE M6, MXT, DFX, DO use the same coils!!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I stand corrected on the coil use. they are compatible. when I was looking for a super 12 for my DFX a dealer told me they were not compatible, again, my mistake. sorry

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Thanks for you inputs.

I am now looking at the M6 or the 6T.

I watched a video on the 6T. Very nice looking machine (6T) but no ground stand, no rechargeable battery pack (yet) and the headphone jack is built into the side of the display unit Not exactly show stoppers, but a little more planning could have gone into the unit before it hit the market. I do like the all digital controls and the multi tone ID. The unit appears to be very user friendly. The 6T only has one coil available right now but two are in development and should be released next year.

I need to go a bit research on the M6 before I make a decision. Thanks for all your inputs.

Ray S

berkshiregold

Nov 15, 2008
Berkshire County Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Minelab Equinox 800
I bought an M6 during the late winter of 07. I got out as soon as the ground thawed and have been in heaven since! It is a great coin shooter! I've found some nice Indian head cents, an 1864 2 cent piece (almost the first coin I found in my own yard), and a bag full of clad! The 2 cent piece was at 10". It's my first machine and I love it. I just bought a 10x12 SEF coil. Can't wait for spring!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
all coils for DFX, M-6 and MXT are compatible.... I am a White's dealer...... the sad part is that the XLT isnt compatible with these machine.. White's basically wants to stop selling the XLT.. they dont even encourage us to sell them or promote them at all.. and they are an awesome machine!

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
minton7 said:
all coils for DFX, M-6 and MXT are compatible.... I am a White's dealer...... the sad part is that the XLT isnt compatible with these machine.. White's basically wants to stop selling the XLT.. they dont even encourage us to sell them or promote them at all.. and they are an awesome machine!

Sorry to hear that. I love the XLT. I will be seriousely shopping for the M6 in a week or so.

Ray S

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
The M6 is a great wet sand machine. Just GB in beach mode and you ready for action. The 6x10 DD coil is the best coil to use on the beach. It isn't affected by the mineral changes from dry to wet sand like the 950 sometimes is. I use the 6 x10 DD 95% of the time. The rest of the time I use the 4x6 DD, this is in real trashy areas. I never use the 950 coil. One little tid bit of info that might come in handy. The M6 will go deep so you will get faint high tones when you hunt in tones. If you have your machine on auto track it will cancel out these tones in a pass or two. What I do is if I get a good faint tone I lock the tracking and then I can work on pinpointing the target without loosing it. You have just purchased, IMHO, the very best MD made for the money. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread